“Bad service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Whitehorse
Juneau, Alaska
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Got into white horse about 1100 am-tried to check in(was told it would be ok when I booked the room) I was told to come back in two hours which I did. Still I could not check in-room not ready. I finally got checked in after 5pm. All the other people got to check in early. I did not get the group rate and the price given to me when I left. The room was so hot(even with the heat off). I had a fan on and would have to open a window which then the room would get cold. Then I would close the window-would get hot. I would leave the curtains closed and the fan on when I left the room only to come back with the fan off and the curtains wide open. It was a sauna.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

you wont go wrong staying at this hotel. friendly and helpful staff. good food. great bar to meet up with locals. good location with a 10 min walk to the downtown action. overall a wonderful hotel to enjoy all that this Yukon city and surrounding area has to offer

Room Tip: upgrade yourself from a standard room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sterling, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We always look forward to stopping here on our way up and down the Alaskan Highway. The staff are always so friendly and helpful. Nicole and Jules helped us this year and I have to continue to say, I have never been better treated by front desk staff. Our room was spacious, very nicely appointed, and very comfortable. The hotel welcomes our senior citizen dog which is important to us as we have traveled with her all of her 16 years. The big Royal Canadian Mountie outside the front entry is a welcomed sight to these tired travelers, and a wonderful photo opportunity for many. Try this hotel..I think you will like it!

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what your needs/preferences are..I think they will do everything in their power...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My title sums it up, but here are some more lowlights:
long hairs on my bed (I'm a short haired male)
dirty shower curtain with noticeable dirt hand prints at eye level
only soap in the entire room was shower gel in the wall dispenser in the shower
no desk for working on
toilet bowl was dirty
noise from the bar below (I was in room 403) was BAD!
Pub "The Deck" had good food.

WAY overpriced based on other options. They told me that our Coast corporate rate didn't apply to this location... Seriously?

Room Tip: NOT over the bar!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have stayed in a few in Whitehorse and this seems to be the cleanest and quietest. The do have great breakfasts .... Nice and clean restaurants. Central location. Very friendly staff. Rooms have been updated since my last stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Haines Junction, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Interesting place alright, wonderful gourmet food, lobby is nice, staff behind desk on the most part friendly but always most helpful!
I walked in and though WHOA, until I got to my room, a jail cell sized room with only a shower stall, how knew no tub? Sure not I anyway!!
I'm sitting on my bed, hours later, it occurs to me! This looks EXACTLY like a modernized, revamped YM or YWCA! I later discovered it actually is and did I laugh as clearly this means the bones of a building can never truly be altered!
Have to say though, they do go out of their way to not make it a YM-YWCA experience anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathtub, if that's your thing, otherwise, it's a very tiny shower stall and medioc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed at the Coast high Country Inn for 3 nights over the Easter weekend with the Air North air+hotel package. The room is well maintained, quiet, clean, and very comfortable. One thing I really like is that It has a microwave in the room, in which most hotels don't have. It allows us to heat up our meals. Basically, the room has everything you need. Staff is very helpful and friendly. They are always there to answer your enquiries. The lobby is clean and spacious with sofas allowing our group to hang around. Parking is free of charge at the hotel. Since it is operated under the Coast group, you can earn aeroplan points too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Coast High Country Inn? Share your experiences!