Having stayed here several times but not for a couple of years when it was a seasonal overspill Westmark Hotel mainly for tour buses, we thought we would stay here again as we wanted to be at that end of town.
My wife is disabled and now uses a wheelchair and needs a room with handicap accessible features. I booked the room in person on and earlier visit to Whitehorse and asked if they had such a room. I was told that Room 122 was their handicapped accessible room so booked.
This is a misrepresentation. The bathroom is inadequately equipped having no grab rails around the toilet or on the walls. The only aid was a clamp on bath bar which was of no help to my wife. Fortunately we had a similar bar with us as we were travelling and the combination of the two just enabled her to just about manage. The room has a deep tub with inadequate bars. Only an able bodied person could safely use it.
I e-mailed my comments to the General Manager the day after our visit. A week and a half later, no response. It is shame that a big brand franchise cannot offer world class support for the disabled.
The hotel has been partially refurbished. Rooms good for ordinary travellers. Shame the restaurant has been replaced with a Ricky's fast food outlet, but there are a couple of good restaurants (Wheelhouse and Earl's) within 5 minutes walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy ample comfort in the heart of Wilderness City when you stay at The Ramada Whitehorse hotel. Ideally located for viewing the incredible Northern Lights, this hotel in Whitehorse is walking distance to the Waterfront Trolley, which in the summer months will transport you to the MacBride Museum of Yukon History, the SS Klondike and the Old Firehall in minutes.Catch up on events with free Wi-Fi Internet access, and take advantage of free parking, including vehicle plug-ins, in the large-vehicle lot. After a day of exploring Whitehorse, relax in the sauna and keep your clothes fresh in the laundry facilities. All of the guest rooms offer new bedding and feature a flat-screen TV. All suites feature refrigerators, and microwaves. The whole hotel is non-smoking and does offer pet-friendly rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Whitehorse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmark Klondike Hotel Whitehorse
- Ramada Whitehorse Hotel Yukon, Canada