“Uhm....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Whitehorse
United States
“Uhm....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Huh, what should I say about this hotel?!?! Wouldn't ever stay here again, location is decent however. If it wasn't for the fact that my man is military and we were traveling with our big dog, I would have changed hotels fast. It is next door to a very loud bar and all night long you could hear people outside fighting. Very old and could use some updating. I understand Whitehorse isn't a huge mecca, but for this town being a thorough fare for travel on the Al-Can highway and tourism, I'm surprised at the older hotels in town. This is the second time I've stayed in Whitehorse, but would not recommend the Best Value Inn. They offer underground parking, which part of was under construction and you drive down a steep ramp and are in basically a huge garage and then walk through the basement of the hotel till you get to the stairs leading to the hotel. Creepy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
riverviewhotel09, General Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you giving us an opportunity to evaluate our service and use the information you gave us to improve. It is unfortunate to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. I understand the concerns that you addressed. We are doing some construction in the building to improve our facilities. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused you while using our underground parking. We hope to update other things that you mentioned in the near future. We also strive to ensure that our facilities are enjoyable and our guests always feel safe. When made aware of any incidents our front desk staff are trained to address any disturbances and to contact the authorities when appropriate. I am sorry to hear this was not the case when encountering the disturbances outside your room. I would like an opportunity to further discuss your concerns directly. Please contact me at 867-667-7801 ext 238

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This pet friendly hotel is located downtown walking distance to the downtown core. Easy access to the river trail, great for dog walking or going for a run.
The staff are friendly and efficient, they took care of any issues promptly and professionally. When my stay was longer than planned the staff were accommodating making sure I could stay in the same room for the duration.
Located in the hotel is a great Korean restaurant.
I enjoyed my stay, the rooms are large, and equipped with fridge and microwave.
My only suggestion for improvement would be for the owner to spend some money updating the laundry facilities, and bedding which was old and worn but usable.

I will stay at this hotel the next time thru Whitehorse

Room Tip: If looking for a view, request an upper room facing the river
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you come back.
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went there to check in, some kid came into hotel and started discharging fire extinguisher, cop came but the kid fled. While this was happening i just stood in the lobby and who seemed like an owner of this place, also stood there without knowing what to do. I asked him to cancel my stay and he said he didnt know how to work the computer to cancel it and told me to wait until other staff came back. No real applogy, he just "let us go" in his words. Poor security, poor initiative, poor attitude.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about the incident that you encountered during your stay with us. We strive to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable stay and free from any disruptions. Unfortunately that evening there was an incident that staff were unable to resolve and it required contacting the authorities. During that time our staff was focused on assisting the authorities in immediately handling the situation. Regrettably at the time of your checkout there was not a trained staff person available immediately to assist you. I hope your next visit with us will be more positive and will be free of these incidents. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss this incident with you further. Please contact me at 867-667-7801 ext 238
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The staff treats you like family. All you have to do is ask, & they will help you find what you need.
The rooms overlook the river. Its the best hotel in town. The restaurant is the only place to get Korean food in the yukon, The food is amazing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tagish, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The staff was excellent and treated me like family.
The rooms were huge and very well cleaned.

The location downtown was a surprizing bonus.
The rooms were very cheap for the quality of service.
It is the only hotel in town with underground parking which
is a bonus in the winter.

Room Tip: rooms usptairs facing the river are best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MILANO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The first impression when we got into this hotel was not good at all.The tiny reception room was dark and did not appear very clean.The room ,although quite stale, it was rather large and comfortable,the fan worked well and we did not have problems with the free wireless internet.
The location of the hotel is really convenient,in the town centre and it is plenty of parking spaces.The shuttle for the airport costs 10 dollars per person,while it is free in other hotels in Whitehorse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellesley, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed a total of 3 nites over a couple weeks..rooms were clean..wi fi once got it working was up all the time, TV's were large enough, yes a little tired but so is the north..other hotels in town are worse, location was fine...staff friendlky front desk more than HELPFUL complimented manager on staff......will stay again and longer...price is somewhat higher than I usually pay but comfort cleanliness is paramount...my first reservation was screwed up by hotels.com..what a bunch of cowboys..reserved myself and was taken care of adequately DUSAN

Room Tip: inside rooms are quieter.....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!