I was very happy with this four-story hotel on Whitehorse’s Main Street. Everything was clean and the staff were great. I had both a fridge and a microwave in my room. Parking is free in an adjoining lot, WiFi is free, and there’s a free computer terminal on each floor.
The rooms are all roughly the same size. Therefore, a room like mine with two double beds was a bit crowded. Also, I could hear the building squeak as I walked down the corridor due to the wood frame construction. Live music from the bar/restaurant can be heard throughout, but wasn’t really a major problem for me on the third floor. These are small quibbles, though.
I liked that the windows could be opened, and I liked that there was carpeting throughout the guestrooms and corridors. (Hardwood floors would have been disastrous for noise transmission.)
Be forewarned that at night there are noisy groups of drunks scattered along the sidewalks of downtown. This is no reflection on the Gold Rush Hotel, but is a fact of life that will affect visitors at all the hotels of downtown Whitehorse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Gold Rush Inn is the premier family and business-oriented hotel in Whitehorse. Having undergone extensive renovations to the cost of several million dollars, the rooms are spacious and modern. All rooms include wireless high-speed internet, microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen television, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Best Western Gold Rush Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gold Rush Hotel Whitehorse
- Best Western Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Best Western
- Best Western Gold Rush Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada