“Magical experience up north in the Yukon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Takhini River Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitehorse
Takhini River Lodge
You added Takhini River Lodge to your Saves list
Lot 1370 Takhini River Road | Po. Box 21345, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 6R6, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 28 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Magical experience up north in the Yukon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a great Yukon experience and the Lodge played a huge part in making it so. Christiane and Jean-Marc, together with their helper Maiko, made our stay there to be a memorable one with their warm hospitality as well as really delicious food every evening. It was worth it to be there for the meals alone, but so much more is offered such as snow shoeing in a marked trail on their own property (you will not know it was part of the property because you are all alone in the woods), understanding more about their huskies to watching out for the stars and lights. It was undeniable that the hosts do their best to ensure that you will enjoy your stay there and their sincereness makes the trip up north complete.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean-Marc C, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We were glad to share our Yukon lifestyle with you. You saw magical Northern lights but you also discovered that Yukon is so much more...
Christiane and Jean-Marc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Santa Rosa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The owners warm hospitality, clean good taste interiors, light full grand views welcome the guest and immediately feel like home. The meals prepared by the owner are excellent. The all activities are well coordinated. This is the place the guests would like to come back very soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jean-Marc C, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Michiko,
We hope you are doing well and that you had a safe trip back home. Thank you so much for staying at Takhini River Lodge. We are so happy that we could be part of your Yukon winter experience and that you choose to stay with us. It was wonderful to have you here and maybe sometimes you will come back to the Land of the Midnight Sun and the Northern Lights. Thank you as well for the wonderful review.
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Lodge, the food and our hosts were absolutely wonderful which made for a once in a lifetime experience. What great stories and memories we will always have. The Lights rewarded us with two incredible nights of beautiful color and extraordinary pictures. Thank you Sean-Marc and Christiane.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and each offer their own view and experience. If you can't climb ste...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean-Marc C, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Hope you and Pat are doing well and that you have time to watch all your beautiful pictures. The other morning mother nature gave us one of her wonderful sunrises. I am sure that you would have enjoyed it as well.
Best regards from our beautiful Yukon
Jean-Marc, Christiane and the doggies
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My recent 6-night stay at the Takhini River Lodge fulfilled a lifelong dream - to see the Northern Lights - but because of Christiane and Jean-Marc, the owners of Takhini River Lodge, the trip meant so much more!

The Lodge is outside of Whitehorse, which only makes your stay more peaceful, without ambient light from Whitehorse to prevent viewing the Aurora. The scenery around the lodge itself was breathtaking - ice-covered trees in the fields sparkling like diamonds in the sunshine, snow falling quietly, sunsets dropping below the mountain peaks - all viewed from the comfort of the great room, sitting on comfortable couches, sipping tea, warmed by a fireplace.

Christiane and Marc bring a level of luxurious comfort to the Lodge that is outstanding; the rooms are spacious, the common areas welcoming, the Lodge itself immaculate. Somehow, as hosts, they were never intrusive, yet always there to fulfill any need or request, no matter how large or small. Our arrangements were all taken care of seamlessly, from picking us up at the airport, seeing us off on our snowmobiles, introducing us to their family of sled dogs, procuring our cold weather clothing for our outdoor treks, to bringing us reluctantly back to the airport for our trip home.

Let's not forget the meals that Christiane made with such flair each day for breakfast and dinner. They were delicious, nutritious, beautiful to look at, creative, and worthy of any high-end restaurant that you might make reservations at on a special occasion. If you look at the Takhini River Lodge's Facebook page, you can see pictures of some of the delicious meals that Christiane made during our 6-night stay - superb!

If you get the idea that we loved our stay, you are right! In fact, my husband said he felt like he was at "home" for the week, totally relaxed and pampered. It was difficult to leave, but we plan to return to see this beautiful part of the Yukon Territory, perhaps in a different season to enjoy its beauty and quiet and fresh air in a different way. Then again, perhaps not - the winter landscapes were simply beautiful. Regardless, without a doubt, we'll stay once again with Christiane and Jean-Marc in our Yukon home, the Takhini River Lodge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jean-Marc C, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your long and wonderful review Theresa. You can be sure that Christiane and I will remember for a long time your laughs when you were telling us your dog mushing and snowmobiling adventures at dinner time. Your party deserve the first prize of the good humoured.
We will be more than pleased to see you again, fall is also a spectacular season when leaves turn to gold.
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It was a last minutes decision to visit Whitehorse to see the aurora lights with my sister & I believe it's just our luck, we got a chance to stay at this luxury B&B lodge for 2 nights. This is a “gem” and we just love it. The sight of the lodge, from afar took my breath away and we thank Christiane and Jean Marc for sharing this “gem”, with us. The lodge is beautifully decorated and the room is comfortable. Seem to me that Christiane and Jean Marc take pride to ensure that everything including the furniture, beddings, linens, plates & cups, selection of teas, are perfect for their guests. Christiane is such a fantastic and friendly host. We had fun chatting away and she even took us on a personal tour to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve as it was closed or there is no tour on the day we wanted to visit. We were spoiled by Christiane’s (with Maiko’s help) very well planned, healthy, carefully cooked and extremely delicious breakfast, dinner, cookies and the “surprised” birthday cake. Thanks Christiane, for taking us to Rustic North. One of their tall forge table is gracing my living room now. I just wish I found it before you, as then I would have bought that piece that is sitting so perfectly in your lodge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jean-Marc C, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Serene,
Thanks so much for your review. I am glad that you spent a wonderful time with us. I am sure that the forge table sitting now in your living room will remember you the Yukon and the Gold Rush which brought so many pioneers up here.
Christiane & Jean-Marc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently spent a short trip to Whitehourse and stayed with Christiane and Miako for three lovely days! The lodge is very nice and very comfortable. Their hospitalities make me feel at home even though I am traveling alone. Scenery is exceptionally quint and beautiful. There is not a drop of sound from the busy life! I just love it. I saw the aurora while Miako woke me up at dawn. It has fulfilled the purpose of my trip. Christiane makes everything from scratch. I enjoyed her cooking. Even though lunch is not served, but she gave me such a large portion of breakfast, which I saved some for lunch. Teatime is yummy! There is always boxes of homemade cookie waiting for me. My salute to all of them who had made my trip memorable!

Room Tip: I like the Yukon room, which is spacious and very comfortable. The Aurora room can be a bit cramp.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
takhinilodge, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Delia,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review, we spent an amazing time together. Even trying new cookies or muffins! I am glad that your stay with us gave you a breath from your busy life.
All our wishes to you for the coming year.
Christiane, Jean-Marc & Maiko
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I spent three lovely nights at this lodge, as a refuge from our outdoor activities in the Whitehorse area. The building is located in a lovely setting 40 km from town and gives peace and quiet to the visitor. The interior has splendid high window views to the outside and would have been perfect if the aurora borealis had shown up. The guest room we had upstairs was very comfortable and warm, though we turned down the heat to sleep better. There was a TV but who cared? We spent our free time in the lounge downstairs reading the books about the Yukon that were provided.
Breakfasts were varied and tasty, but the true highlights were the wonderful dinners that Christiane prepared. You would not find better at any restaurant. One salad even included caribou sausage, reflecting a question I had asked about its availability.
I would definitely recommend this B&B if you wish to relax and enjoy the beautiful isolation of the north.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
takhinilodge, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Carole, thank you so much for your wonderful review. Knowing that you were happy and enjoyed your stay even there was no Northern lights at this time is our best reward.
Christiane and Jean-Marc

Been to Takhini River Lodge? Share your experiences!