“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Takhini River Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitehorse
Takhini River Lodge
You added Takhini River Lodge to your Saves list
Lot 1370 Takhini River Road | Po. Box 21345, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 6R6, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 27 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Whitehorse, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My girlfriend and I celebrated my birthday at the Takhini River Lodge. Very pleasant experience. We had a great french dinner cooked by chef Christiane. We staid for the night in the Trapper room: very clean and cozy. I highly recommend this place for anyone visiting the Yukon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
takhinilodge, Owner at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
We are very pleased to know that we contributed a little to make your birthday a great moment. Christiane and I wish you again "Un très bon anniversaire"!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed three nights after a wilderness trip in the area. Extremely welcoming and comfortable and Christiane's dinners were truly outstanding. I also attended a cooking class, which was a lot of fun. Both the meals and the class made use of interesting local ingredients. Breakfasts provided enough food for lunch as well. I did not have a car, as my plan was to relax, read and do some local walks -- this worked perfectly for me, but if you want to do more exploring a car would be necessary. Note that this is not a bed and breakfast in the conventional sense; it is a separate building from the owners' home, purpose-built as a small lodge. My room was spacious, nicely decorated, clean and with a very comfortable bed and large bathroom. All in all, a great destination!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review, the cooking class with Christiane and Michele are always interesting with a lot of fun and sometime adventurous as Michele always like to try new recipes for her next book!
Amicalement - Best Regards
Christiane and Jean-Marc
Yukon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed here back in 2010 (twice), and thought I would post a review. I had never stayed in a B&B before, so I was not sure what to think. When I got here, oh my god, why have I not stayed in one before! The home is gorgeous!! There are four rooms I believe, and they are all beautiful. We stayed in the Aurora room, and it has a log bed (looks to be handmade), comfy mattress, lovely furniture and a great clawfoot tub as well as shower. What a great looking place. Christiane is such a nice person and wonderful host. She is very friendly, as is her husband who own the business. They provide great company if you want it, but certain respect if you want to relax! She is great cook, so definately have dinner if you are here. Better than anything you will find in Whitehorse as far as I am concerned. You will not be disappointed!!! Can't say enough, I can't wait to go back. One of my favourite stays in recent years (and we travel a lot)!! LOVE IT!

Room Tip: I liked the Aurora Room, but the Bamboo was nice as well. You can't go wrong really!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
One year after your visits having take time to write about Takhini River Lodge means a lot for us. Thank you so much.
Christiane and Jean-Marc
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

On a whim we visited Whitehorse and the area around. We found the Takhini River Lodge on the web and decided to stay for a night. Should have stayed here the whole time as this is absolutely a stunning place - inside and out. Their accommodation amenities are first class, ten star - the hosts are so warm and friendly, the food is above and beyond fabulous and the scenery is magnificent. We stayed in the Yukon Art room with our own lovely bath and shower and a huge room with our own TV. Their dining area and living area which is the guests to use is stunningly appointed, their guests are from all over so it is really fun to sit and chat while our hosts make these most amazing meals. Lovely, lovely. Would recommend this to singles, couples, families even. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
There is nothing that can make Christiane and I more happy than knowing our guests had a good time with us and that we may stay for a bit in their memory and heart.
Best Regards
Bien cordialement
Christiane et Jean-Marc
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you want to experience the wide open spaces and beauty of the Yukon, but still want to be sure of a clean, comfortable and even refined vacation, this is the spot. It's all Yukon (decor, atmosphere, expansive windows with breathtaking views) with a little bit of France thrown in. The cuisine is lovely and the hosts, who come from France, make everyone feel most welcome. Rob and Mary

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic four-night stay at Takhini River Lodge.

When we were initially planning our trip to Whitehorse, we wanted to experience all the adventure that Yukon Territory had to offer (especially the Northern Lights), however, comfortable accommodations were a requirement as we also wanted to relax and unwind.

After much research, we opted for Takhini River Lodge and took advantage of the four-night winter package (+ an extra night with meals) advertised on the lodge's website. Best decision ever! The package included airport transfers, gourmet meals, luxurious accommodations, and activities including dog sledding, a tour of the wildlife preserve, and a trip to Takhini Hot Springs. Everything was taken care of for us by Christiane, our hostess, who went above and beyond to make sure we had a most wonderful time.

The lodge is very secluded, which is ideal if, like us, you really want to "get away from it all." The guest rooms and common areas are very cozy / comfortable and kept immaculately clean. The rolling mountain views are spectacular!

The gourmet meals, prepared by Christiane, are phenomenal. Breakfast and dinner is served in the dining area where we had an opportunity to enjoy good meals and good conversations with fellow guests from Japan, France, and Canada.

I can't say enough great things about this place or the owners, Christiane and her husband, Jean-Marc. These two have a real passion for what they do which is evident throughout, from the beautifully appointed guest rooms, wonderfully prepared meals, and the warm hospitality they show all their guests.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I recently took a cooking class offered by Miche Genest at the Takhini River Lodge. The facilities were clean, spacious and comfortable. The teacher was knowledgeable, friendly and her menu was a treat for the tastebuds. My friends and I enjoyed the experience of cooking a variety of foods together using Yukon ingredients. The atmosphere was casual and friendly and I didn't see the hours go by. What a treat! We didn't sleep at the lodge but did have a look around - the rooms were beautiful, private, comfortable. The common area was the same. The views are spectacular and the grounds would be amazing under good weather conditions. (The day we were there it was very cold and very windy - so no hanging out outside which made the lodge even cozier.) Give yourself this gift of a delightful getaway!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
takhinilodge, Propriétaire at Takhini River Lodge, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Hi,
It was a great day with Michele. It was so nice to organize this cooking workshop and to share with all the participants. Michele and I are very exiting about the next one.
Best Regards
Christiane

Been to Takhini River Lodge? Share your experiences!