“Howard Johnson in name only” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Swift Current

Howard Johnson Inn Swift Current
You added Howard Johnson Inn Swift Current to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Swift Current
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1150 South Service Road East, Swift Current, Saskatchewan S9H 3X6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Swift Current
British Columbia
“Howard Johnson in name only”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The photos flatter this property. It's a Howard Johnson in name only - not the quality I've experienced at other HoJo properties, and definitely not worth $99 a night single. I did sleep better than expected but the room was very worn out and the bathroom was in desperate need of renovation- rust on the metal surfaces and the counter top surface had come loose from the counter. The motel caters to construction and energy crews - there wasn't noise but this is a place for clumping in in your workboots and crashing for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We failed to read other reviews so stopped here. Room smelled, of tobacco/dust/old?? Shower worked, A/C worked. Spiders in both rooms, didn't bother me but my wife was unimpressed! The beds were wonderful comfortable and well appointed. A great sleep was had. Would I stay there again?? No!!

• Stayed August 2013
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

You've got to be kidding me. The closest equivalent to this hotel I can think of is sleeping in a cardboard box outside in a rail yard. Our stay was the end of June 2013. My room was disgusting. Bugs, garbage, stained sheets, towels that you could see through and carpet that was stretched and dirty. The entire second floor was closed along with the pool. I can't imagine how bad this hotel would have to be to close a floor. If I wasn't completely exhausted, I would have kept driving. But it was July long weekend and this was the only hotel with room. No wonder. Don't be fooled by the nice Howard Johnson sign out front. Ask to see a room before checking in. Otherwise, get to the Best Western or sleep in your car. Trust me, you'll be better off. I will have a tough time erasing this stay from my mind. Howard Johnson should be embarrassed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
charn88, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Swift Current, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I believe that we spoke about the flooding in Calgary, but I don't recall any mention of anything wrong with the room. It is important for us to know about problems in a room, especially with bugs at this time of year. Our response if we find an ant in a room is quite different from the actions taken if we find a spider. Unfortunately, a review on the internet even a couple of days after the fact, alerting us to bugs in a room does not help us to help you. I certainly would not stay in a room infested with bugs. I would call the front desk immediately and request that they do something about it! All the bedspreads in our property have been replaced with brand new duvets. Each duvet and cover, as well as all the sheets and pillow cases are changed and cleaned after a guest leaves. I have reminded housekeeping staff to be more thorough in checking and cleaning behind and underneath furniture. We would be happy to show anyone a room who requests it.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Swift Current? Share your experiences!