“Staff extremely helpful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 George St. W., Swift Current, Saskatchewan S9H 0K4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Swift Current
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Regina
“Staff extremely helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

With the highways closed because of snow and ice I am very grateful that i am stranded in such a nice facillity with a staff that is very understanding and helpful. They gave no charge late checkouts to people who departed later in the day. In my case I staying an extra night with the hope of highways opening today. The hotel is very clean and quiet. The facillities include a hot tub,sauna,swimming pool,and an excellent free breakfast. The staff updated anyone at the front desk about the current road conditons. Within walking distance there is a shopping mall, and a wide variety of restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff were great. The breakfast was amazing. The room was great - clean, with a good bed and large bathroom counter.
The pool is connected to the common areas (not in a separate room) so I found that area drafty; it didn't dampen the enthusiasm of the kids swimming, though.
The bathroom fan and light are wired to be on together, which isn't our preference.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed her for the second time in a year and are so glad we did! First the check-in was quick easy and friendly, great staff. We asked about place to eat and they front they very helpful and that really set the tone for us. Following supper we took advantage of the Hot Tub and given it was -30 outside we really appreciated it. Rooms were great clean big and I always think that the pillows make it or break it, fortunately they made it for me. After a great sleep I had to go to a morning meeting but not before having one of the best "free" self service breakfast buffets ever.
While I was gone my wife asked the front desk about places to shop and they were very helpful to her, she indicated some of the best deals and selection she has very seen in a small city!
Saturday night the front desk supplied us with "real" glass wine glasses and a Hi-ball glass for the wine & Scotch I got at the liquor board store that they directed me to. We were told that they were going to be very full due to a hockey team and a wedding and so were a little concerned about noise but again we both had great sleeps! We again took advantage of the Buffet the strawberry sauce for the waffles is awesome and the tea selection is better than most restaurants, the eggs and sausages great but no fresh cheese omelettes this time I assume because they were so full. Pity me! We got down to the breakfast early Sunday morning and that is a good idea because we knew from the last time that it gets packed, by the time we left it was standing room only. Early bird gets the choice seats in front of the fireplace! Very nice touch especially in the evening when you can have a cup of tea relax hot chocolate or coffee in a comfortable area outside of your room.
They had no problems with a late check-out and that really was helpful, as I again had meetings past noon. I very rarely post my experiences but felt that after a stay like the one we had I had too!

Room Tip: If you have kids they have rooms around the pool that we would be great we were on the second floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Room was nicely decorated and clean. Most comfortable bed I've had in any hotel, ever. Big shower. Excellent free breakfast with omelettes & everything. The whole hotel was very quiet so we could sleep in easily. Staff was polite. The water in the bathroom seems to be softened, though, so you might want to drink bottled water. Very good hotel for reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family stayed here on route to visit family in Alberta. Geraldine was pleasant on the phone and when we met her. We requested a late arrival and a playpen, both of which was no problem on their end. When we arrived, the lobby was exceptionally clean, and well decorated with holiday seasons that were elegant and warm. Our room was very clean and comfortable as well. Local calls were free which helped in decided where to pick up dinner. We had to use the laundry services after our daughter had some motion sickness in the car, Geraldine help us with that too. My husband found it easy to navigate from the Best Western to pick up dinner and additional groceries. The breakfast had cheese omelettes, sausages, fresh fruit, all teas & coffees, a variety breads, 3 choices of dry cereal, all juices, and yogurt - perfect to get us onto the road that morning. The only drawback is that I found the building to be cool but in our room, it was easy to warm up using the in-room temperature control. I'd choose this place first the next time we drive through Swift Current and perhaps take advantage of the pool area & fitness facility.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!