“Staff don't have a clue” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wendy's

Wendy's
2105 8th St E, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (Grosvenor Park)
(306) 374-8861
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #353 of 559 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Neighborhood: Grosvenor Park
Neighborhood: Grosvenor Park
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Staff don't have a clue”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We ordered .the place was empty except for another family who ordered before us ..the food arrived but the orders were mixed up ..this took do long to sort out my meal was cold ..I returned it and they reheated it in a microwave..so now my food was hot around the edges and cold in the middle...the young blonde girl on the till tried her best and apolgised but the crew in the back were not helpful to wards her .they just came out to see who was complaining ..i will never go there or in a wendys again ...

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Has seen better days”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have tried the Wendy's on 8th street in Saskatoon twice since December 1st and both times we have been greatly disappointed. Both times we have gone around 6:30 p.m. The first visit was Dec. 21/2012 and the burgers were dripping grease. It was almost stomach turning. My son and husband ate the food anyway. The chili and the fries were OK. But the cleanliness of the restaurant was awful. I did talk to the manager later and told her what our problems were and she indicated that she would look into it. We went back now in February to give it another chance. Again, the burgers were dripping with grease. My son was jokingly wringing out the bun on the wrapper. The chili and fries were again OK. My husband went to the bathroom and complained that it was filthy.

We used to go to Wendy's alot and have done so since 1983 when we first tried a restaurant in Florida. The American's in general still do a better job than the Canadian counterparts.

We have enjoyed food from the new franchise in University Heights and would recommend going there.

So from our perspective, do not go to the 8th street location.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good Fast Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

this place has to be one of my favorite places as well as many I have talked to out there for a fast food place to eat at.

Visited January 2012
“Hmmm ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

other than serving Frosties, there is not much to like. Sorry.

Saskatoon
“Thought This Was "FAST" Food...?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am only referring to the Wendy's located on 51st Street in the North end of Saskatoon. We live 5 minutes away and will likely never go there again. The service is for all intents and purposes non-existent.

This Wendy's is in the same building as one of the most popular Tim Horton's in the entire city. My wife enjoys her Tim's coffee, but I do not drink coffee so I've tried using the Wendy's. I have stood at the counter for 15 minutes with the Wendy's staff ignoring me. The last six visits I've timed the staff. And after 10-12 minutes I just walk away. Wendy's staff can be seen speaking to each other. Texting on their cell phones. Speaking on cell phones. Walking around with clip boards and other non-food serving activities. Even if you ask to speak with the manager or whoever is in charge they can't find her, she isn't in right now, can you come back later, she's on the phone, she's on vacation or she's just not in. And frankly, that is unacceptable.

To add insult to injury the front line staff do not seem to be well trained and do not seem to like small children. Recently, our 7 year old daughter wanted a Frosty. I gave her a $20 bill and let her go order one herself as the order counter was completely empty. She came back about 15 minutes later with a Frosty that held no more than one cup of liquid. When I asked for the change from the $20 dollar bill, she gave me 2 quarters, a nickel and some pennies. When I asked her for the rest of the change, my daughter said that was all she had. Thinking it was a mistake, the two of us went back to the counter. I had to flag someone down to help us who in turn found the young lady who had served my daughter. You can imagine my surprise when the Wendy staff person denied serving my child. When a second Wendy staff person came over to see what was going on the two staff spoke in a foreign language and I could not tell what was being discussed. After a few minutes I was asked for a receipt? What 7 year old keeps a receipt, so I asked my daughter where she put it? My daughter told me she was not given a receipt, so I asked if they could go through the records of the last half hour to find the transaction. Again, there was more discussion in a language I could not understand and then I was politely but very firmly told it was not possible.

By this time my wife and other daughter were finished their meal from Tim Hortons and were impatiently waiting to finish the rest of the afternoon shopping. My 7 year old and I were not getting anywhere so I asked for a refund. Again, more discussion in a language I did not understand and I was told that was not possible without a receipt.

By this time, the Frosty had melted, and my daughter - who could obviously tell what was going on, did not want the confection any longer, so we left the very small child-sized $20 frozen drink on the counter. When my daughter remembered she had to wipe around her mouth she reached for the napkin that was around the cup but it spilled all over the Wendy's counter.

When the two Wendy's staff asked me to find some more napkins to clean up the mess "my" child had just made, I turned to them, smiled and said, "Non merci. Je suis vraiment désolé. Je pense que c'est votre désordre maintenant. Bonne journée.!"

Visited March 2012