“Not worth the money” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were passing through, staying in Saskatoon, so perhaps I am not familiar with the prices of pizza in the area, but we ordered a 15 inch cheese pizza and it was $36.00, delivered to our hotel room. I have never spent that much money on a pizza, but it was late and we were hungry, and I was hoping we would get what we paid for. Unfortunately it reminded me of the cheap pizza available at convenience stores. Bleh. Wished I had taken my money elsewhere.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

ABBOTSFORD B.C. CANADA
“Great Slice of Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I am from out of town and had to stop by to grab a slice of pizza. Loved it. Keep in mind that you can not eat in here. It's a counter at a gas station. $5 bucks a slice bit you get more toppings on one piece that most places put on a whole pizza. Mmmmmmm one piece filled me up.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
saskaoon
“ordered delivery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We got a pizza delivered to our apartment and we were quite unhappy with it. It had ham on it that was shredded which is not our preference, and it was cold upon arrival

Visited November 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Disppointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Last week I happened to be in Saskatoon on business so after a hankering for Pizza, and reading all of the glowing reports on Trip Advisor I decided to try Vern's. I ordered a simple pepperoni and mushroom pizza to be delivered to my hotel a few blocks away, and yes it was thick, but it was cold, pepperoni was tasteless, and the crust was so soggy that I had to cut it in the box There were almost no mushrooms on it, and the cheese was so congealed that I had to use a knife just to pull the pieces apart. Not tasty at all. Maybe I was that 1% unlucky person, but after all the rave reviews on trip advisor, I was certainly disappointed. I also found the sweetness of the sauce a little unsettling, it tasted like a lot of sugar had been added to it - not spicy, just sweet. I am not a person who likes to diss establishments because I can, but I come to Saskatoon every 2 months and this was one of the most disappointing pizza I have had in 17 years travelling here. Sorry for the bad review but it is what it is.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Best Pizza in Town IMO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm not sure if Vern's has a sit down location within Saskatoon but for take-out pizza, it is by far my favorite pizza. I've never tried the thin crust, not because I don't think that it would be good, just because the original thick is SO good. If you do order from here on the original thick side of the pizza, do make sure that you follow the suggested serving amounts because you'd be surprised that the 10" really does feed 2 people quite well.

• Visited March 2013