“DON'T!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Northwoods Inn & Suites

You added Northwoods Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Northwoods Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   610 Idylwyld Drive North | Highway 16, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 0Z2, Canada   |
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
sask
“DON'T!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have never felt so ripped off in my life.The room absolutely reeked of urine.Puke(?) stains on the carpet.Mouse droppings on the sheets of the hide-a-bed.The mice had plenty to eat due to the great amounts of food under the bed.The carpet does not appear to have ever been vacuumed.Toilet is broken,leave the lid off the tank.No sleep for anyone due to crazy partying,finally resulting in police hauling person or persons away.Broken glass(window,not bottles)swept up against doorway upon leaving in the morning.Large sign above desk says no refunds on rooms.They don't ask how your stay was because they already know.All this for a premium price($220 plus taxes)Avoid if you care about your health or personal safety.Shameful!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Please take notice that our hotel has been serving the public for many, many years and we have had thousands of happy and satisfied guests. However, as we are not perfect, we try to improve our services all the times. Our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. We will try to resolve the concern. If you have any question, please call John Pontes at 306-653-4012.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saskatoon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Okay so I am currently separated from my wife, and staying in various hotels in Saskatoon, so suffice it to say I am not terribly picky at the moment. So how bad does this place have to be for me to sit down at the laptop an write this? Let me tell you so you avoid it at all costs: First of all I arrived for check-in at two p.m. and was asked to come back later because of water damage. I returned at nine p.m. and while I was waiting to check-in a guy came in and started ranting about the "something or other" he'd found under his fridge. The guy at the desk seemed concerned about my room and called another desk clerk over, who quickly said, 'No it's fine". Well now i realize the concern was over my room. First off yes, definitely water damaged and reeks like an old cabin. Ceiling removed in bathroom and toilet running constantly. I am having to turn the water on and off at the toilet base for fear it will overflow. The coffee pot is wrapped in its cord and laying on its side; the bathroom contained one tube of shampoo on a dirty bath towel, and I actually showered (grudgingly) with the curtain open for fear of touching it. I stepped outside to get something from my car, and I am quite sure there are a couple of drug dealers sitting in their car a few doors down, because they wouldn;t stop staring at me the whole time. As i entered my room a neighboring door opened and a drunk lady came out and wished me "Good morning" (it's eleven at night right now). I really can;t find the words to describe my horror at the thought of a family arriving here and spending the night. This is a travesty and I am quite certain it would be shut down following any real sort of investigation. As I said earlier I am in a personal situation which makes it seem silly for me to complain at the desk, but that hasn't stopped me from passing on my most sincere warning that if you stay here you had better be a risk-taker and have a penchant for filth, grime and stench. Wow. I have actually taken many pictures and sent them to friends and they are stunned as well. YUCK! Avoid at all costs - sleep in the car instead! By the way I spent almost two hundred bucks to stay here and have stayed in better as recently as two nights ago for $109.00

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We paid $165 for this horribly dirty room.This hotel is in a horrible area badly lit scetchy people everywhere.We were worried to leave the car parked outside this place. We decided to check the bed before we went to our concert and on the second bed huge blood stain hasnt even been washed sheets... Eww this was the laststraw we went to talk to the manager of this hotel hoping he would be apologetic and offer us some kind of refund. NO he screamed and pointed in our faces telling us he was god and we could leave with no refund, this was private property and we could leave and get the law if we wanted to. He would not give us kind of refund switched our room that was it... This new room was no better blood on the back of the bathroom door, bathroom light and front curtains .. Needless to say we did not sleep there scared for our lives...DO NOT STAY AT THIS "HOTEL"!!!!!!??

• Stayed May 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

By far the WORST experience Ive ever had IN MY LIFE. I spent 140 dollars for one nights stay. The room was EXTREMELY hot, there was no way to turn the heat off completely... went to turn on the air conditioning, opened the door the control panels, and a freaking CRACK PIPE, wrapped in paper towel falls into my hands. HOW DID THE CLEANING STAFF MISS THIS? Could not get a wink of sleep because a group of people above our room were extremely loud and constantly slamming their door, falling into our window and door, getting in their car and leaving every 10 minutes, yelling at each other, etc. When I got the room they said I would get free breakfast in the morning. After I expressed my distress and disgust in the most polite way possible, they had no response, revoked their *deal* on the free breakfast, refused a refund, and all out didn't care. This place needs to be shut down. I can't believe their staff missed a CRACK PIPE that was basically out in the open. Disgraceful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Please take notice that our hotel has been serving the public for many, many years and we have had thousands of happy and satisfied guests. However, as we are not perfect, we try to improve our services all the times. Our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. If you please, come and stay in our hotel within next 90 days, we will give you 50% discount on the existing rate which is publicized in our website. If you have any question, please call John Pontes at 306-653-4012.
saskatoon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have boked new immigrants in here and they were dissapointed wth drunks rambling the Halls and the Bar next Door.
Unfortunately the management does nothing to deal with their repiutation.
Do check this motel before spending your money foolishly You will not sleep with the noise and the management will not adjust the price so friends had the Via Bill Cancelled .
Norman Wallace

Room Tip: Maybe management will realize the reputation and do something to improve Saskatoons repution on havi...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

this hotel was run down over priced and didnt even know how to make drinks. plus they had no hot water and people fighting all night. good thing i only had to stay there passing threw im never going back to this place again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Spent last night at this motel/dump. Partying, arguing, slamming doors, running on walkways all night. No heat, bed stunk to high heaven. No other available rooms in town that take pets. Do yourself a favour if you're travelling out this way. Book a room well in advance and don't ever even consider staying here.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. My tip is keep driving!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
mel_sask, Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Please take notice that our hotel has been serving many many years and we have had thousands of happy and satisfied guests. However, we are not perfect; we try to improve our services all the times. Our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. If you please come within next 90 days, we will give you 50% discount on the existing rate which is publicized in our website.

Been to Northwoods Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!