“high class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mr Rizos

Mr Rizos
706 Idylwyld Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 0Z2, Canada (Caswell Hill)
(306) 664-1923
Neighborhood: Caswell Hill
saskaoon
“high class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

this is one of the higher classed places in the city. it is known for it's great food, friendly and very experienced waiters, and plush surroundings. it is a place where the business personel go for dinner meetings

Saskatoon, Canada
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My first time to Mr. Riso's and the experience is wonderful. Al the waiter has been top notch. He is entertaining and makes you feel at home the moment you walk in. I had the special which was ribs and shrimp and it was excellent. I have been coming to Saskatoon for 12 years and have never been here before. Shame on me. I highly recommend this restaurant. Don't let the area or the hotel itself fool you. A gem for sure.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SASKATOON
“Losing it's charm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have been going to Mr Rizzo's a few times a year for the last 14yrs but have no plans to return based on our last visit in the fall.

I order the same thing each time I go as I love it so much, so once again I ordered the veal oscar, I was so disappointed, each bite I took of crab contained shells, so many shells that I was put off eating my meal. I think I always loved about that selection was the great quality of the crab. When the waiter came to clear our dishes he asked how our meal was and I told him my crab was full of shells (of which he could see a pile on my plate as well as 1/2 my meal uneaten) at that he apologized but offered nothing else.

I guess I was disappointed that nothing was offered for the poor quality of my meal, they could have offered an after dinner drink/dessert or even to comp my entree. Nothing, so to me they could care less about making a problem right.

Let's face it it's an odd restaurant in a odd area attached to a dicey hotel which has clients ranging from people dressed up for a nice dinner and people dressed pretty casually ordering off their deep fried menu.

If the food is longer something that can be counted on there is no reason to go back, in the past we've overlooked that the buns they serve are frozen buns that are warmed, the salad is usually pretty limp, and the desserts were never good but the entrees were always good. They apparently have lost that.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The service and food is always the best! You will not be disappointed with anything on the menu nor the service, it's fabulous!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saskatoon, Canada
“Dress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

PLEASE bring some class back! Have a dress code! Our last visit during the ccma's saw people dressed worse than fast food clientele! We expect an upscale environment for a $400 dinner!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere