“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Saskatoon Station Place

Saskatoon Station Place
221 Idylwyld Dr N, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (Caswell Hill)
(306) 244-7777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saskatoon Station Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 558 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Neighborhood: Caswell Hill
Cross street: Jamieson/23rd St E
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Everthing was great until I found a hair in my food. We just paid the bill and left.Maybe we should have said something to our server but my stomach was turned,we just wanted to left.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

washington dc
“Sorry, I was wrong...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

As charming as I thought this place was the first time I visited, after my last visit...I'm recanting. The waitress was thoroughly ignorant about the history of the place (I'd taken my parents with me to show them how "charming" the place was) and about the menu. I'm pretty sure she rolled her eyes at us a few times. We ordered the french onion soup. This was historically the worst french onion soup ev-er. Onions and vinegar and salt. I only told the waitress about it after we'd paid the bill so she'd know I didn't want anything except for the chef to be told to taste the soup. And it took ages. And this time the fries weren't even good. Bummer. It's not like Saskatoon has a million restaurants.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Canada
“Railway Car was the highlight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Unique, historical decor with vintage railway car advertisements and all, the food was average to good (steak was small and rather plain) and service somewhat slow. My partner was pleasantly surprised by the lunch prices which were a very good value, compared to his previous expensive dinner. Not being from Saskatoon it was a nice visit.

Visited August 2012
Campbell River, Canada
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice decor and good value food for lunch. The service staff were very quick and effecient and polite.

Visited September 2012
Saskatchewan
“Average quality, high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We recently gave The Station Place a try. For starters, the decor is like nothing else you've seen (you sit in old rail cars) It has an authentic feeling but the decor is so dated it leaves you feeling like it's probably dusty and filthy. A slight upgrade on the decor would do wonders.

The server was very friendly and knowledgeable.

The food: My husband ordered the pullmans' platter and I ordered Spinach chicken. they were both priced at around 30$. The quality was average. I would equate it to something you'd recieve at other family restaurants in town. Pretty greasy.That was truly our biggest complaint. I feel like a 90 dollar meal should be pretty spectacular. This had the taste of a 30 dollar meal.

That said the caesar salad was fresh and delicious and the buns were yummy.

• Visited September 2012