“Almost a decade wait, but worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 525 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Almost a decade wait, but worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My sister and her husband hosted a graduation dinner at hole in the wall, their treat! I lived in saskatoon 7 years ago and heard about this restaurant 8 or 9 years ago. My sister had dined there and booked the reservation for 9 of us.

We went with the chefs choice menu. All 9 of us had to as they will not do choice menus unless the whole table goes along with it. This is not a great idea as you pay $90 for someone even if they had planned on ordering just an entree and my husband and I could not do the tier down where we would select our dishes ourselves.

However the food was delish! We had bacon wrapped prunes stuffed with cheese--who knew prunes could taste so good!? And empanadas and cheesy potatoes for appetizers. Next was salad and apple buttermilk cold soup...soooo good. sorbet to cleanse our palates. We had lamb, blue cheese shrimp, and phyllo wrapped chicken for entrees. Then dessert was a Creme fraise cheesecake type thing. Everyone was looking for anyone who didn't want all their dessert so they could snap up more!

Overall amazing food! It was a five hour experience. Also the chef was very friendly and explained the prunes with such gusto that he came back a second time to add more details! He seems very passionate about cooking!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Regina Beach, Canada
“Wow! Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Words don't do justice to the service, atmosphere and exquisite cuisine. It's hard to describe the whole experience without writing a book. Unique dishes and a matching ambience. Worth the trip and well worth repeat visits. It's highly recommended if you want an unforgettable dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Simply the best in this area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

You need not to be in a rush. But the food is made with the love of a master

Never disappointed at this spot
Excellent

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saskatoon, Canada
“Ruined my wife's birthday. Horrible, rude customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We made a reservation for February 15th at 6 pm over a month prior to ensure that my wife's birthday supper turned out perfectly. Unfortunately when WE called Hole in the wall to confirm our reservation before driving all that way, we were told that one did not exist. When we mentioned the email confirmation that we had received from NELSON we were told that this also did not exist. "We are very careful about our reservations so you must be mistaken" was his response. When we forwarded the email confirmation to him TWICE he still claimed that he did not receive anything from us. My wife had been looking forward to this for over a month and was extremely disappointed; being a Saturday night it was too late to get a reservation anywhere else in Saskatoon so the evening was ruined. I have also heard from others that the menu has gone downhill, least to say we will never be trying Hole in the Wall or recommending it to friends (in fact the opposite!).

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The food and atmosphere was good , however I didn't get a choice of the regular menu. Instead I was given a limited "valentines day menu" . I wasn't informed of this when I booked. So I ended up having to choose a meal that I didn't want.
This seems to be very lazy, I won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014