“MSG Attack” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
2501 8th St E, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7H0V4, Canada (Nutana)
(306) 373-8333
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Nutana
“MSG Attack”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wow Red Lobster is a family favorite...or it was. Went for daughters birthday as she hadn't had lobster before. Everyone ordered lobster and shrimp except myself (they usually can'f finish and I'm on cleanup). So I ordered a bowl of clam chowder and finished it then had some leftovers.I am sensitive to MSG and am aware of it and hadn't had trouble in several years. I was irritable as I left the restaurant and soon had a massive headache across the front of my head which I recognized as an MSG attack. Had to rush back to use washroom as I have an attack within an hour of eating. Felt sick all night with a headache still in morning. No one else had problems so must have been the big bowl of soup. So disappointed as I have always enjoyed Red Lobster but am warning anyone else sensitive to MSG to beware!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“McDonalds of Seafood”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This review is of Red Lobster in general, but also the experience I had at this particular one, also. I laughed when I saw someone else call Red Lobster the McDonalds of seafood, because I've called it that for years...only thing is...a fillet o fish doesn't cost you $30....- for $4..you know what you're getting and I actually like fillet o fish!! I have yet to understand how this place gets so much business. very overpriced, for what you get, canner lobsters and I wouldn't even bother buying snow crab leg, all shell..no meat, for $30 you should get some king crab legs, not those matchsticks. I had to ask for butter for my whole lobster...duh?? so they bring you a couple tablespoons with no butter warmer, wow, a $30 dinner, at a seafood place and they have no butter warmer???. My sister loves the Red Lobster, just had to go to the one in Times Square and one of ladies lobsters was rotten...ewwww. This is one restaurant that seems to do well, and doesn't deserve it whatsoever. Good thing your little 'buns' are good, because the seafood is inferior, that is passed off at a high price.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have been going to this Red Lobster for years and it’s always consistently good. The service is solid and the food is always cooked to perfection. It can be a bit busy at times, so go early to avoid disappointment.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“Look for the Lobster and Crab Specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I love the food here and love to go during lobster fest and when they have great specials on and new menu items (like the five course meals). The biscuits are a bit salty but I still love them and I love the blush zinfindel wine that they sell (I like my wine more sweet and fruity). Around dinner time and until about 9 there is usually a wait for a table but there is a bar area to grab a drink and wait. Overall I love to eat here and have always had a pleasant experience.

Visited June 2012
“Mcdonalds on the worst day still is better than this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm sitting here for an hour and know my first drink arrived,but still no food. Across the street it's 2 for $5 dollar teen burger at A&W might go run across to go get pre- appetizer before my actual appetizer arrives. Never come here if you have a anger issue or even if you don't have a anger problem I guaranty that's the only thing you will get from this place .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere