“Friendly front-desk staff, mediocre experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Saskatoon

You added Comfort Suites Saskatoon to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Saskatoon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   203 Bill Hunter Ave, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7R 1E3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Saskatoon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ontario
“Friendly front-desk staff, mediocre experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Unless you're in-town for something at the Credit Union Centre, this hotel is out of the way. You're a solid 10-minute drive to downtown (at least) and $20 cab fare. On this trip, the front parking lot was not paved, meaning all traffic had to go through the back entrance - which got muddy in the rain. The front desk staff was friendly but seemed overwhelmed at times. They did make a couple great choices for dinner in downtown Saskatoon. Internet was hit and miss throughout the stay, when it did work it was slow. Was in town for an 11-day event at $160/night, yet was told AFTER (not before) my stay that I would not be eligible for Choice Rewards points because they were calling it a group reservation. Anyone that travels on loyalty programs knows that's a huge hit as it would mean more than 16K points and room night status. After contacting management, I was eventually sent vouchers worth a measly 2,000 points - and would not help with the 11 nights that would have been on my account. I asked the manager to re-consider that but she did not respond to my e-mail. As it is, it took about 6 weeks for those to arrive.

The rooms are decent, as mentioned in other notes - not necessarily what I'd consider a suite - just a good-sized room. After experience with management I will look at other Saskatoon properties on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for your review and compliments of the staff. I'm sorry that you feel it was not fair for you not to earn loyalty points on your stay but as explained, the Choice Privilege Points cannot be earned on group rates - which are in themselves, very heavily discounted.

It was disapointing to us that - due to the extremely long winter and wet spring - we were unable to finish asphalting the parking lot in time for the Memorial Cup.

I hope we are able to welcome you back before the next Memorial Cup is held in Saskatoon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a brand new hotel on the outskirts of Saskatoon. This is our first visit to Saskatoon, the hotel did not look that far outside the city in google maps but if I had known I would have paid the location premium to be a bit closer to town. When I say outskirts of the city I don't mean the equivalent of being in Burnaby's Metrotown relative to downtown Vancouver. This hotel is in the sticks, there is nothing around here. 2) Booking a suite is hit and miss, this one is a miss.This suite is not a suite. What they call a partition between the bed and the living room area is a piece of glass that measures about 6' high but less than 2' wide, they should not have bothered. A suite in my definition has an area for the bed that can be closed off. That said the place is new, the room is clean, my daughter enjoyed the swimming pool and the hot tub. The place is nice and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Saskatoon is a fairly small city on comparison to some Canadian cities so while I understand the 10 minutes we are from downtown may be a lot for some drivers who are used to be in the midst of everything, we are thankful that we don't have such traffic problems that it takes any longer than that!
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the past weekend and the stay was very enjoyable. Nice, new,clean, and friendly staff. The only sad part is that people don't respect the place and leave their half empty cups of juice or coffee in the elevator on the floor and dirty pool towels in the middle of the hall. Nothing on the staff's part other than maybe take a peak every once in while. The beds were great, breakfast was good and the location is easy access off the highway. Lots of room in the guest room and it had a huge closet! Didn't get a chance to enjoy the swimming pool and waterslide, but hopefully next time! Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear squeaky_cleen
Thank you f or your review - we are always glad to hear feedback. Yes, we will certainly be "taking a peak" in all areas more often (sorry about the coffee cups in the elevator and pool towels in the hallway!)

Hope to see you again soon
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My company had set me up here and it was just opened late last year. The landscaping was just being done so was a bit of a mess. The food in the free breakfast was decent. The room was nicely laid out and comfortable. I had choices of pillows, and the staff were very friendly and professional. Will return on future trips.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear ootomowbeels,

Thank you for such a great review - hopefully your company will continue to make reservations here for you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and my only wish is that I could take the hotel with me!!! I was the best hotel we stay at including the resort in Jasper. Excellent!!! Awesome!!! Oh I miss you! I now must stay in a hotel 14 more stays and think of Comfort Suites in Saskatoon. Great pool and slide, kids loved. Awesome rooms and fantastic breakfast. Great value.

• Stayed July 2013
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello Revfree - wow what a great review! Thank you so much. I absolutely LOVE to share this feedback with my team and we're all doing the Happy Dance! Really glad to hear you enjoyed yourself so much. Don't be a stranger and come back to visit agin soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice place to stay. Great breakfast. Friendly staff. Super busy when concerts are in town. The pool is nice, has a waterslide. Beds were very nice. Everything was clean.

The windows open but I would think the truck stop next door would be kind of noisy overnight with trucks idling. (I stayed on the south side)

Great place to stay if on the road or going to a concert. If doing work in Saskatoon, try to find somewhere closer.

Room Tip: Take a room on the south side, away from the truck stop, if you like your window open at night.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SnapBranniganns Velour - what a great review (and a great profile name too!) - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! We love our property too and it makes our jobs doubly enjoyable when we get to serve super people like yourselves. Thanks for your loyalty!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Rooms were excellent & clean. Breakfast had lots of options. The only part that was not enjoyable was the guy in the pool area. He was rude not only to other employees but to guests, and could not speak english well. I will reccomend this hotel w a warning about the rudeness of the lifeguard.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello ninalaughsalot - thank you for your review - I'm happy to hear your enjoyed yourself. I'm so sorry that you felt our lifeguard was rude. You are correct in saying that he does not speak English perfectly and I do apologise if that came across as rude. He does take his job very seriously and is responsible for the safety of all of our guests in the pool, hot tub and wateslide areas. I have spoken wtih him about this review and he certainly didn't mean to come across as rude, but he was also appreciative of your bringing this to our attention.

Enjoy your summer and we sure do hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Been to Comfort Suites Saskatoon? Share your experiences!