“Convenient location for business travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Pacific Avenue, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3X6, Canada (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
Bowmanville, Canada
“Convenient location for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The room was excellent. Very spacious with comfortable king size bed and pull out sofa partially separated from the bed with a divider. Decor is modern and overall very appealing. Had dinner in the lounge and found the staff very friendly. The food was average quality. Also, had breakfast in the restaurant. The omelette option was made fresh to order and was quite tasty. While the rates are higher than expected, overall experience was positive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Staying in town for business. Rates are high but a great location within walking distance to great food and shopping as well. Great service from staff at check in and in the Hub restaurant. My only complaint is the traffic noise right through the entire night. Really difficult to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were spectacular. Large,Modern and comfortable. If you are ok with sending $200 a night PLUS parking to sleep this is the place to stay. The negatives I experienced were I tried to order food twice during restaurant hours and no one picked up the phone, The parking garage is tricky. Small garage door opening and tight corners, I held my breath every time I entered and left and I only drive a Jeep glad I didn't bring my truck I don't know if it would have fit...Also the air conditioning was SO loud but the room got too hot when I turned it off. Also found a hair in the sheets that did not belong to me. But overall a nice hotel if it did not cost &200+ a night PLUS charging parking I would stay again next time I will stay on the outside of the city centre and pay for a cab or drive.

• Stayed June 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Although the Property is very well appointed and the service was good, it was very difficult to wrap my head around the $200 per night, plus parking. We found the quality of the food at the lounge/restaurant average at best. The grilled Mac and Cheese Waffle appy with tomato soup was a huge disappointment.
No reason to disregard this hotel, but the food needs work, there are too many quality choices downtown, and this property is fortunate that Saskatoon does not have many downtown hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brent A, Regional Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thanks Bill for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Saskatoon was. I always appreciate the feedback we receive, good or not so good, as it keeps us aware of our guests expectations.
I would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns. Firstly, Rates in Saskatoon. Saskatoon and Saskatchewan have been at the forefront of growth and activity over the last several years. As a result there has been a continued increase of travellers, both corporate and leisure, heading to our great city and province. This increased demand has applied pressure to occupancy in many of the hotels in Saskatoon. The Holiday Inn Downtown Saskatoon is one of a number of new properties that have opened or are currently under construction. As these new properties come on line additional guest rooms and pricing options will become available.

Secondly, Menu items in The Hub at Holiday Inn. I was disappointed to hear that your Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich didn't meet your expectations. The Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich was an item created for our menu in the new "Hub at Holiday Inn" concept. Many of the menu items were designed in such a way to give you "comfort food" done in a unique way. A grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup definitely ranks high in the comfort food category. I will share your comments with our Executive Chef and his team.

Lastly, Property well appointed and the service was good. Thank you for letting us know that you like the modern, cosmopolitan feel of our new property and that our Cast Members took care of you and made you feel comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback, your comments will be shared with all of our departments. If your travels bring you back to our great city, I hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Downtown Saskatoon.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice Holiday Inn very close to the downtown core. Had a double queen suite with pull out couch. Three of us staying for Memorial Cup. Service was good. Housekeeping a little slack but no big deal. Comfy beds and good TVs. Breakfast was good custom made Eggs Benedict and omelettes. The little store that is run by the front desk is great it is always open so if you need a pop or something you can get it anytime. It a Holiday Inn but they say it is the new standard for Holiday Inns if it is then I will be saying at more Holiday Inns. The shuttle to the arena for the Memorial Cup was greatly appreciated.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We chose the Holiday Inn downtown for our recent mini vacation to Saskatoon and were not disappointed. The building is fairly new so everything was modern and in good working order and the staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is in an ideal location in downtown just across the street from a large mall with lots of stores, a food court if you need to grab a quick bite to eat and a Starbucks. It is also walking distance to many local restaurants and the river area where there are good trails for walking and bike riding. The hotel also has its own restaurant which we did not try.

We had a suite with a comfortable bed king size bed, flat screen TV, mini fridge and coffee maker. The suite was clean, quiet and well maintained during our stay. The Wi-Fi signal was strong and we had no issues using the internet. There is also internet access in the lobby area with four computer stations, but there is no privacy.

We did use the pool and Jacuzzi which are on the small side but okay for a short diversion. There is also a small gym area with treadmills and a bike machine which we did not use only due to time limitations.

We enjoyed our stay here and will return again on future visits to Saskatoon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights. I booked a standard room with a King bed. I was not expecting it to be so HUGE. There was a little living space in the room! The romantic was definitely super clean and functional. I had no issues at all. The key cards are very cool; they are like fobs that you just tap the sensor and your door opens.
They have a little shop in the very big and open lobby where you can buy snacks and drinks as well as a restaurant. I never did visit the restaurant though.
I was visiting for a wedding so I didn't go anywhere so I don't know if it close to many attractions. It's pretty close to the riverbank which was nice to walk about and It's definitely close to the mall though! It's right across the street.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown? Share your experiences!