“Disappointed after many visits” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #165 of 558 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Disappointed after many visits”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our take out yesterday was a total disappointment! I have been to this restaurant many times and have enjoyed the meals even though the atmosphere is very undesirable. We found the food so oily that we did not eat much of it and most ended up in the trash. A waste of forty dollars, don't know if it was a new chef or if the food quality is not what it used to be. Won't be back any time soon.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Saskatoon, Canada
“Our First Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I decided on the spur of the moment to celebrated our 52nd anniversary here. We were not disappointed. It was our first visit. The menu is extensive and we were at a loss as what to order until we saw the neighboring table served with what turned out to be a "bird nest". We ordered the same. This turned out to be an excellent choice. We were pleased with the service. Prices are reasonable for sure. We will certainly be going back and recommending Saigon II to our friends.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
saskatoon sk
“ALWAYS GOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Consistently good Vietnamese and Chinese food well prepared quickly Staff is efficient and courteous Go early weekdays for lunch to get a table

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great 9/10 times!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Every time I have went to the Saigon II it is absolutely spot on!!! The food is absolutely fabulous!!! I would recommend it to anyone and have.
With two small kids I always try to go in before or after the lunch hour rush. The last time we were there it was about 11:30-12:30. Man! I really hate to complain but the food wasn't as good as it usually is. The noodle bowl was lacking a few ingredients and it was just off. And they were never so happy to push us out the door ASAP! They are usually so friendly and welcoming but I was disappointed.
I will go back because really 9/10 is a great rating!!!! :) But next time I will do my usual and not hit the lunch hour rush (if I have my kids with me).

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Prince Albert, Canada
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I'll echo the three other reviews on here and say we love this restaurant, and have for years and years! It's almost as unassuming as can be on the outside and the inside, but the food and service are beyond compare. Always very fast and efficient, the food is fresh and very tasty, and it's great value. I'll add the Beef Rice Noodle Soup and Vietnamese Rolls to the previous lists of favourites, but we've never come across a bad dish, period!
Take heed, by noon the place is packed; half the tables are reserved in advance so you really have to be early to get what's left!

• Visited July 2012