“Clean and convenient.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge

Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge
You added Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge to your Saves list
Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   1024 College Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0W1, Canada   |
Anahim Lake, Canada
“Clean and convenient.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Everything was very clean and the wifi and cable tv were great to have. Close to the river and convenient location but parking is hard to find. We were not aware that we were sharing a bathroom and kitchen and there were handmade signs about what not to do everywhere which gives it a very university dorm room feel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4guestservices, Manager at Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay. I am happy to hear you found our location convenient and that you found our location clean. We take pride in the quality of service we provide and have high expectations for cleanliness. There are limitations in our building (no smoking, alcohol or drugs) due to the fact we get many people who stay here that are from the hospital or university so we like to provide a clean, quiet and comfortable environment. We hope to see you again in the future

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Unless you have recently been released from a hospital or institution of some sort, avoid this place. We were booked through a discount hotel website for a business trip. I was aghast to find out after the fact that it was not a real hotel or b and b. There was a shared bathroom for the whole floor. There were signs everywhere saying that alcohol and drugs would not be tolerated (which leads me to think about their typical clientele that I am sharing this bathroom with). The room was very basic. I couldn't believe that we paid $90 plus tax for what was essentially a hostel with private rooms. At $40-50/night this would be a good deal if you knew what you were in for - but calling it a hotel is a real stretch. For $20 more we could have got a real hotel with a real bathroom. If you have another option, take it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had a really excellent stay. Apparently average ratings for this place are much higher on other review sites, and the weak TripAdvisor aggregate is a strange anomaly...

Rooms here are really cosy with lush carpets and, for the price, well appointed. They even have large flatscreen TVs and wardrobe space. A handful of rooms share each 'apartment' with its own excellent shared bathroom and basic kitchen (microwave, cupboards, worktop and dining space but no hob/oven). Attention to detail is excellent throughout the building and everything is spotless and pristine, and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Wi-fi works excellently. Location is pretty good too, very close to the river and one of the main bridges.

For an excellent budget stay - whether you're a backpacker (like me), a business visitor or a family on holiday - you need look no further.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4guestservices, Manager at Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give Netty's Nest a review.
I am very happy to hear you had such a great experience here, as that is what we strive for. We take pride in our cleanliness and customer service. I hope that we see you next time you are passing through Saskatoon.
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over in Saskatoon while visiting some friends on the weekend. I called ahead to see if there was a room, spoke to a very friendly female who assured me she would have a room for me when I showed up.
Arrived at about 530pm, the receptionist was very friendly, had me checked in within minutes. Explained the layout to me, showed me my room, and asked if I needed anything else. My room was a standard lodge type room size, no frills version. The sheets and towels were clean, carpet was vacuumed. Room was cool, the air cond. felt like it was working. The bathroom in the hallway was clean. Lots of hot water and no bathroom line ups.
The bed was typical, not super comfy but comfy enough I wasn't crippled up in the morning.
Lots of parking. All in all, I had a good stay. Would return with no problem. Running trails were steps away, walking distance to downtown, had a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013
4guestservices, Manager at Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Netty's Nest as we appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay, and we enjoyed having you here with us. We take pride in our cleanliness and great staff. I hope to see you again in the future.
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was very institutional.. not even a picture on the wall. A little table and an uncomfortable hard mattress Paid for parking and there was no parking available. I had to park a block and a half away on Clarence Ave. There was a 48 hr. cancellation policy as opposed to 24 hrs. The concert was cancelled so I paid $185.00 for one night. No discount or reduced rate. Highway robbery for this room. The lineup to use the shared bathroom in the morning was crazy. Every time I tried to get in someone rushed ahead of me. I have never posted anything before on Trip Advisor but this was too much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We got stuck in a room in the basement. The room was very small and only had a very small window that was actually out of reach. Not help there if you want to get out in case of a fire. This was for sure the worst room I have ever paid for.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.