“Over priced and noisey.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon

You added Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Circle Drive W, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 4L6, Canada (Airport Business Area)   |
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
Vancouver, Canada
“Over priced and noisey.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. I stayed here for a sports competition with my son, and there were lots of other kids staying for the same event. There are 2 large pools in the centre of the hotel. In the first room on the first floor, I could smell the chlorine in the room. A huge party in the ballroom below the room had music so loud it could be heard on the fourth floor. I had to move rooms to get away from the noise. I had to find the noise source and go to the front desk to get the problem resolved. While I am at the front desk getting the noise problem sorted out, a large group of Hell's Angels enter the hotel. Last morning there is dog barking in the hall at 8:00am. I didn't like the location, but if you like a hotel in the industrial suburbs and on the major road, it would suit you. At the rates this hotel charges, there should not be dirty carpets in the hall. Not impressed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We used to stay at the Travelodge as kids - we loved the waterslides. I don’t think the hotel has changed since 1995! The hallways had yucky off odours, the outside spaces were filthy, and the pool was down right gross. I felt really uncomfortable having my kids in it. The rooms are in dire need of upgrade, at the rate of $170 is RIDICULOUS. It’s an $90 room, tops. We stayed by the pool as we planned to use it often, but it was so dirty and dark we only managed it once. The pool doesn’t close until 10:30, so good luck getting any sleep! Did I mention the whole hotel smells like a swimming pool? On a positive note, the staff ( restaurant and housekeeping) were really lovely. I feel sorry for them that they have such a crappy property to work at!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
North Battleford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

my family and i enjoyed our stay there last month when the saskaoon ex was in town. great location, and wonderful poolside rooms. when we travel again for a trip, i would gladly stay there as there is also plenty of parking, and the staff were very friendy and upbeat.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
TrayJayde, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We love being able to provide a location that's so easy to get to as well as plenty of free parking. The Saskatoon Ex is a great summer tradition so we're happy that you enjoyed your entire experience. Cheers!
North Battleford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

This hotel is one of the friendliest hotels I have had the pleasure staying at. I was traveling on my own and they were nothing but helpful from check-in to check-out! The just changed the menu in the restaurant and wow, it was delicious! and the service in the restaurant was outstanding. It was very clean and you could tell that they had just recently renovated the guest rooms and public area's its very clean, and crisp looking. I would definitely stay here again, soo impressed!! Thank you Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to host you again the next time you're in Saskatoon! Thanks for the amazing compliments on our food, our renovations and our staff. We take great pride in all those areas. Cheers!
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in many cities. This is one of the worst! I paid over $200 per nite for a room worth about $50. We had a pool side room i guess. The pool was on the other side of the facility, the one we were next to was only for kids, no one told me that. The room was really tiny had plastic glasses that broke when you touched them. It wasn't clean at all. The only bar on site was downstairs with lowsy service, or you can go outiside and find a bar that i think is a strip club, it looked gross so we didn't stay. The shark cub at the sandman was good to eat at next door though. This hotel is in a terrible area, right on the main street. I would never stay again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Everything was great except for the TV, and then along came Michael and fixed it for us, he really went above and beyond.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your kind words! Michael will be so happy to hear he helped make your stay just a little bit better.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This hotel is in a busy, skuzzy looking area. Checking in they had my reservation screwed up. They insisted that I had booked it online and that I messed up but I know I reserved the room over the phone because I was having trouble online, finding a hotel in Saskatoon. They messed up the reservation, not me, and they would not accept responsibility. We had been driving all day, were tired, hungry and were complete strangers in Saskatoon so we had to take what they could offer us for a room. It was a busy night at the hotel and they had few rooms left. They put us in a suite with a king bed, a pull out couch and a roll-away. Luckily my kids are not too fussy and they were ok with the sleeping arrangement. The room was ok as far as being clean but it was worn looking and had no redeeming qualities as far as the decor goes. As a complete insult, we got nicked for a higher rate for taking the suite, even though they messed up the reservation. The pool was crappy looking and my kids didn't want to go swimming in it so we went out to eat a leisurely dinner. The next morning we bolted from this hotel. It is a dumpy hotel in a crappy part of town and we got taken for the rent. I recommend you try the Delta hotel if you are forced to stay in Saskatoon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon? Share your experiences!