“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon

You added Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon to your Saves list
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Cardinal Crescent, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 6H6, Canada   |
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
Guelph
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

I will never stay at this hotel again. I made the reservation well in advance of coming in, booked a non smoking room. Check in starts at 3, I got here around 4 and they had no rooms left but smoking. I stayed the first night in the smoking room but being a non-smoker was very uncomfortable. They made no pervisions to help me get into a non-smoking room and since there were 2 other conventions in Saskatoon I had no other option, and they acted that way! The rate was outrageous compared to what you got. The rooms were old looking and the beds were not properly made.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
saskatchewan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I booked online, upon arrival, I noticed there was no water in the pool, the hot tub had water, when I asked if we could use that AT LEAST, I was told no, the whole room was closed, no explanation for the hot tub being unuseable. I asked for a discount, I was told that if I had booked thru them and not online they would have given me a discount (whatever, I don't see the difference) when I explained to this young man there was no mention of the pool and hot tub being down (we wouldn't have stayed there then, since my kids wanted to go swimming) on the website, he just shrugged, I told him I would post my unhappiness on the website, he didn't give a crap! Very disappointing!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Our family stayed at this hotel during a very busy weekend in april. Originally we had reserved our room in January. Two weeks ago we called to confirm our room and they had no record of this reservation. Upon speaking to the assistant manager it honestly seemed like they knew about this. They found us 3 rooms which were all smoking and he even decided he was going to be super nice and offer us a rate that was 30$ more for each room each night than originally booked. Knowing this was a busy weekend i went ahead and booked the rooms. Honestly i can say that i am embarassed for the staff and ownership of this hotel. IT IS DISGUSTING! The service is absolutely terrible (as noted in other reviews). The pool was FREEZING, as i work in another hotel with a pool i know that government regulations require pools to be of certain temperatures and i can gaurantee this was not even close. The hot tub was roughly 20 degrees colder than it should have been. Im sure that chlorine and acid in the pool is not regulated and is not taken care of as it should be. The rooms we had were smaller than a childs bed room and were NOT clean. Dust was half an inch thick on the television and black mold was growing on the shower. I normally would not write things like this but i would advise any and all NOT to stay here. Choose the motel on the side of the highway. At least then you know that you are not being ripped off and taken advantage of. Hotels in this area are renovating and taking pride in their product., i simply hope this company takes note and makes some changes

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Prince Albert
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

The pool water temperature was, like one kid put it "like swimming in the lake" . The hot tub temp. was the temp the pool should have been! Our room did not have any complimentary coffee, let alone tea or anything else. There are no hair dryers in the rooms. And I didn't think the room was very clean. It appears to need some upgrading!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Sherwood Park, Alta.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

After calling and confirming our room, arrived to be told it was $40. more than quoted. After much discussion, we were given the room from hell. Nothing was in the room that was on the list. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Regina, SK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

My stay started with being ignored by some not so friendly front desk staff. I just waited patiently and hoped that I would be helped. I probably should have known there was a problem when all the front desk staff were wearing winter jackets inside. When I did manage to get checked in, no assistance or guidance was given as to where my room was. Once I found it, I entered to find a freezer. The heat was not turned on and the temperature of the room was about 10 degrees. Once turning up the heat, it took nearly 4 hours for my room to warm up. I used every blanket in the room to try and stay warm.

In the morning, I found a used bar of soap in the shower along with taps in the tub that were in disrepair. The room was also supplied with minimal towels and nothing extra.

Upon check out, I again received no service. They wanted their money and nothing else. No thank you on the way out.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of heat.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saskatchewan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

My daughter was born with a jaw problem. This past Tuesday after years of surgeries, braces, hooks..... they did the last surgery which consisted of breaking, moving, and wiring her jaw in place. We were given a few weeks notice and called 15 hotels before finding the heritage Inn and getting a room. One of the nurses in ICU gave me a form which had been filled out along with a copy of hotels that offered special rates for hospital stays. This was great as her orthodontist surgeries and braces are not covered. I had just spent 2800.00 for this last surgery. Upon arriving back to the hotel I talked to the manager and was told that he did not have to honor that discount rate. It seems that the reason we had so much trouble getting a room was that Saskatoon is holding skate canada. He told me that he had already given out corporate rates and that the hospital rate fell into that category and if I wanted to come back next week... I understand that hotels have a certain amount of rooms set aside for special rates. I also understand that opening up a new room at the same rate is at the discreation of the manager. I have a friend who has been in the hotel/motel management for 15 yrs. They could have helped us out, or if not by room but they could have offered meal vouchers....There is always something they can do.

• Liked — close to hospital
  • Disliked — The uncaring attitude, AND.. I have celiac disease and kitchen would not accomadate.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon? Share your experiences!