“East or West ,Home is the Best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   617 Cynthia Street, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 6B7, Canada (Airport Business Area)   |
Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in Saskatoon
Port Royal
“East or West ,Home is the Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Well a very nice and packed hotel it was, its location very near to the Airport make it more a trouble then a blessing .In coming and Ongoing Planes,peoples,cars and Youth. Forgive me , I am not that much Social Person , I prefer quiet environment more . Overall it was a good place for Businessmen no doubt , Nice quick services , Efficient backup for every thing.
But for less active and rather dreamy tourists like Couples ,professional tired souls , that place to live is not a good experience , I after some time move to a new place and got a Nice new company of some Descent Lads who were there to enjoy a less noisy ,but purposeful Vacations
That is the worthy addition in Saskatoon hotels; Colonial Square Inn & Suites
for the help of new tourists the link is https://www.colonialsquareinn.com/

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Coaldale, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Had a good stay in a king room. Room was clean and comfortable. Lobby as usual at Christmas was very pretty. Breakfast was good. Staff were professional. Give it a try.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

I am a young professional and had just been offered a job in Saskatoon and needed to scout out accommodations in advance of the start date. I had stayed at a Country Inn before in Calgary, and was impressed, so I decided to try the Country Inn in Saskatoon.

Problems began as soon as I attempted to check-in. Normally this process should take five minutes at the most. I requested to pay for my room in advance and leave a cash deposit, because I knew that the authorization would exceed my credit card limit (for reasons that are entirely irrelevant). The clerk looked at me like I was a deviant. She told me she had to get the manager who was on the telephone in the other room.

I waited as the clerk proceeded to take two telephone reservations. I stood there and couldn't help but hear the manager engage in a clearly personal conversation, as evidenced by the familiar tone and the occasional bursts of laughter. When the manager finally appeared after several minutes of happy chatting, she told me I would need to pay for the room up front and leave a cash deposit. This is precisely what I wanted to do when I walked into the place a full ten minutes before. I paid for the room up front, and left a $160 cash deposit (which in my view is excessive for this class of hotel).

When I finally got to my room, it was ordinary but appeared to be clean. I spent a pleasant enough night: the windows opened for fresh air, and my room was quiet because it was located on the North of the hotel away from the very busy Circle Drive.

When I attempted to check-out the next morning, however, things deteriorated rapidly. I was fully expecting the return of my full deposit on my departure without fuss or incident, as I did not incur any incidental expenses. This was not to be. I was informed by the desk clerk that she had been instructed by the manager to "check the room" before my deposit was returned to me. I was flabbergasted. The clerk then got out from behind the front desk, and made good on her word. She left me standing alone in the lobby while she climbed the stairs to the second floor to make sure that I had not... what? Taken a towel with me for the road? Left the toilet seat up? Took an extra pouch of cheap coffee? I can't possibly imagine, given that my $160 far exceeds the combined amount of all the items in the room (e.g., cut-rate 27 inch t.v., telephone, alarm clock, some towels, and that's pretty much it). After several humiliating minutes, the clerk returned, but for some reason was still not prepared to return my deposit (maybe she had forgotten to take a key card and had been unable to obtain access to my room). The clerk then asked a chambermaid - who happened to be in the lobby at the time - to go back up and "check my room". That was the last straw. I demanded my deposit back in no uncertain terms. The clerk begrudgingly thrust the envelop of cash into my hands and shouted at my back as I left the hotel "I don't have to take this kind of treatment!".

Never again will I return to this hotel, which by the actions of the staff indicates that it is geared towards a much, much lower class of people than typically frequent Country Inn & Suites. I can honestly say I have never been treated worse by a hotel staff in my life.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

This inn has seen better days. It's poorly located, cramped inside, outdated, and a Motel 6-wannabe. AND IT'S LOUD ALL NIGHT.

At the price I paid ($150), I can't believe I can't do better elsewhere.

Awful

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010 via mobile

We Were excited to stay here from past experiences at other hotels in this chain. Boy were we wrong!

Our suite was seriously outdated. When I pulled back the matress to check for bedbugs the head end of the boxspring and cover was filthy and covered in hairs!!! We could not stay there. We called another hotel and promptly left saying we were staying somewhere else. Horrible!!!

• Stayed September 2010
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Not the best location in terms of restaurants or walking to amenities, but then neither are the neighbouring Sandman and Travelodge. Decent sized room, big flatscreen TV, comfortable bed. The free breakfast is alright, cereal, toast, boiled eggs, wafflemaker etc, though at 7:30 am quite crowded. Friendly staff, internet worked better than Days Inn did. I slept well, did not find my room too noisy, other than hearing neighbours' shower running. Juice, snacks, coffee available anytime. Worth a look.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed here for one night on business because it was close to the airport.

The lobby is very welcoming. It is also the dining area. I was pleasantly surprised that there is complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit for guests 24/7. The staff were very nice. The decor is a little dated but everything I saw was well maintained.

My room was clean, well kept, and comfortable. It had a brand new TV (in fact, the same model that I have at home which was purchased less than a year ago). The bed was very plush and comfortable, but the pillows were a little limp and lumpy. It didn't bother me too much as I can sleep on practically anything.

My room was on the ground floor right off the lobby, so I did hear some noise from incoming guests. Also, the parking lot was right outside my window, so I kept the curtains down.

I was also very pleased with the complimentary breakfast - it included breads, muffins, French toast, fruits, hard boiled eggs, cereals, tea, coffee, juice, and a waffle iron.

I'd stay here again if the location was suitable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon? Share your experiences!