We stayed Dec 17-20. The room had 2 queen beds, fridge, microwave and was clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was large, almost surgically clean, with very good bath amenities, fluffy towels and the best shower head I've encountered in a hotel in recent memory. The shower curtains are in two parts, there is a detachable portion that faces the tub that they remove and launder which makes the room feel even cleaner.
Bed had a 2 piece duvet and I assume they change out the cover with each guest. Mattress was quite firm but still I slept well on it and I usually prefer more plush bedding.
The room has the usual blackout curtains, a very quiet HVAC unit which we hardly needed as the room was on the warm side without any heat at all.
My only real gripe is the key system. One key was inoperative right from the get go, a second failed the same day. By the time we left between the two of us we went through five keys. They were very pleasant about it and they will come to your floor with a new key if you call from the phone by the elevator.
Parking is $12/night and is just Midtown Plaza parking. You can park in the heated underground space but it is locked from 1 am to 6 am daily and it is quite a walk across one parking lot to a set of stairs, then another hike to the nearest parking, about a five minute walk altogether if you opt to park underground. Surface parking is adjacent to the hotel but you compete with the public for them.
Over the four nights our cost averaged $136/night which is very good value for such a good location. I would stay there again without hesitation. It was a very pleasant four nights in Saskatoon.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown Hotel Saskatoon
- Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon
- Hilton Saskatoon
- Saskatoon Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown Saskatchewan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent downtown location. Warm, friendly and welcoming. the Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon is newly renovated and offers travelers fresh guest rooms, our Garden Grille, Steps Lounge and Garden Cafe - We Proudly Serve Starbucks kiosk. Directly across the street from the Midtown Plaza Mall and TCU Arts and Convention Centre. Free wired and wireless internet, Business Centre, pool and Fitness Centre. Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.