“Surely one of the best in Sasky” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel

You added Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   620 Spadina Crescent, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3G9, Canada (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
Pennsylvania
“Surely one of the best in Sasky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

This hotel is about a 25 minute drive from the airport, or about 10 minutes from the bus station. It is situated right on the North Saskatchewan river and there are lots of trails for running (with great vistas). The lobby has free internet computers and free wi fi (there's a charge for the wi fi in your room) and the resturant does a decent breakfast. The room itself was quite spacious, clean and comfortable with an HDTV (with HD cable!). There is a gym with cardio equipment and some weights. The pool features 2 waterslides. There are a bunch of restaurants nearby, as well as a shopping center. This is a modern clean hotel and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

This hotel is in a quiet area across from the park running alongside the river. We had a wonderful walk after a long trip. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The fish & chips in their restaurant were amazing. All staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlatna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

I was here on business for 3 days. Attended meetings in the hotel so I only actually left the building once. Nothing special but it got the job done. Several dining options available and all were good. Staff were available and happy to help.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

I grew up in Saskatoon, but have been living outside the country for the past few years. This Christmas I brought my family back to Saskatoon and we stayed at the Sheraton for 1 night so the kids could use the waterpark.

Before I booked, I was kind of scared by some of the reviews that I read on here...Growing up in Saskatoon, my parents used to bring me to this hotel to go on the waterslides 20+ years ago...I always thought the place was fantastic back then...This place has been around a long time!

Well, we booked a room and requested a "High Floor with River View" in the comments box. We arrived to find a nicley renovated lobby and a polite front desk clerk. I did not say much, but "checking in" and the girl in formed me that they had a river view room for me, but told me that all they had was a double bed and a sofa with a pull-out bed. She asked if it was ok and I said yes as it was our small kids sleeping on it. She apologized again and we were given our key to our room on the 5th Floor. One other note, if you have a car... parking is $10/day. You park underground which is great for winter.

Ok... so we go to the room and this hotel is looking familiar to me after all these years. You can tell this hotel was built in the late 70's early 80's??? The hallways are a bit narrow, but they re-skinned the walls, new light fixtures and doors. It looks very nice, but you can tell that they updated an old building.

We get to our room and find a very nice clean room overlooking the river. The room appeared to be renovated recently. The actual square footage is a bit smaller than the newer hotels,but it was definately sufficient. You can tell that once again they "re-skinned" an older style room...They did however do a very good job with the renovations. The furniture, beds and flat screen TV was all new and great. Also a great selection of movies to rent using the remote.... We rented Iron Man for $10.99...I think the most expensive movies were $14.99 for the very new ones. The sofa bed was decent when I tried it. Good for kids, but I am not sure I would sleep on it for more than 1 night.

The Waterpark. This is what definately makes this place great if you use it. I remember this waterpark from 20+ years ago and its basically exactly the same. They have obviously renovated and repainted, but it looks great and its very clean. They also do a great job managing the place. I noticed that they had a video survellience system,with the monitors at the main desk in the waterpark. I think this is a good idea as the 1-2 guys working can keep a better eye on things and it should be recording any issues that could arise. They also have a small snack shop where you can get drinks (including alcohol) and snacks. The kids absolutely loved the WaterPark.

I peeked in the Gym that was next to Water Park and it looked really good for a hotel gym. New Equipment, good cardio machines. I can't remember what they had for weight lifting.

In the reviews that I read, some people said that this place was expensive....Well, the location is great. Only the Sheraton and the Bessborough are right on the river in this prime downtown area that is close to many shops and restaurants. The Waterpark does not look like a cheap thing to maintain and run. If you factor in these 2 things, I think the price is fair...We paid $159... $184 w/tax.

I would definately stay here again with my family or if I was here on business.

• Liked — Waterpark and Location
  • Disliked — Rooms are a bit small
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Prince Albert
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Pool is great, rooms were tiny and and a let-down for the cost of the rooms. Right along river bank, tons of pubs, restaurants, lounges, shopping within walking distance.

• Liked — Pool facilities, location.
  • Disliked — Room size, faintly snotty front desk.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Saskatchewan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

We staying in a standard room in Saskatoon strictly for a family get-away. The hotel was very run down with the exception of the front lobby. The room itself was clean, but run down. The beds are comfortable and the area was quiet. The pool was excellent but extremely busy. There are 2 water slides, 2 hot tubs, and kiddie pool, main pool, and a kiddie dry slide area. This area was also somewhat run down, but was safe. The downside was the high price. I would stay here again with a family.

• Liked — Pool, quiet rooms, secure parking, central location
  • Disliked — Extremely expensive, run down, had to pay for parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights in June. Clean rooms, nice location near the river. Usually end up staying here when I'm in Saskatoon.

Wish the breakfast menu was more interesting and tasted better.

• Liked — The mattress and the Bliss shampoo and conditioner in the bathrooms
  • Disliked — Kind of tricky to get into the back parking lot
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel? Share your experiences!