“Great hotel but HVAC system too noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

You added Radisson Hotel Saskatoon to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Twentieth Street East, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 6X6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
“Great hotel but HVAC system too noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel but the HVAC system is too noisy. The hotel has individual units in each room and it makes a loud thud each time it starts up, which could be every 10 minutes on a cold night. So bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for the great review, we really are proud of our hotel. I am sorry to read that the cover of the unit must have been loose and will follow up with the team to be sure we repair this before we issue the room to our valuable guests, it is a very easy fix. I am so sorry for the frustration this caused during the night.

Travel safe!

Patty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We rented a queen corner room and although not too spacious it was very clean and laid out nicely. A great view of the river. The pool was fabulous, we used that in the morning and again in the evening. We would certainly go back.

Room Tip: The higher the better view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the review and the very kind comments about the hotel. We are so happy you had an enjoyable stay with us.
If I can assist in the future please contact me direct at the hotel and ask for me by name.
Travel safe!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wonderful hotel with excellent hotel staff. I travel to Saskatoon several times a year and the Radisson is always my first choice! This last stay was a quick overnight Girls shopping weekend and the hotels convenient location, comfortable rooms, fantastic restaurant, and friendly staff made the weekend great. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if possible, some rooms have shower only so ask when booking if that is an issu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for the very kind words, I am so happy to see that the getaway was a success!

Aroma is fast becoming the place to dine in Saskatoon, we have an amazing culinary and service team that are dedicated to creating an experience for our guests and it definitely shows.

Thank you again, travel safe and hope to see you again the next time you plan a little escape!

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A very nice property in Saskatoon. The rooms are cozy, nicely appointed, and clean. The service staff is very helpful and friendly and I would definitely stay there again. We had a very nice dinner and also breakfast in their in-house restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words about the hotel and the team, I will be sure to share!

Have a wonderful day and travel safe.

Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a great hotel. Every staff member I came in contact with had a smile and a hello, I was given the most awesome room, and the food in the lounge where I ate every night was incredible. Especially the creative flavors of pizza. And if you get the pizza on half price pizza night, it tastes even better :)
However there are two things that threw me off. First, the heater. Whenever it comes on there's a loud click sound. It's most noticable late at night. When it's quiet, the lights are out and you're half asleep, all of a sudden...BANG! It can be startling. In fact, the first couple of times it happened I got up and checked the door to make sure no one was coming in. It takes some time getting used to because you never really know when it's going to kick in. The second thing I didn't like was the underground parking lot. It's a maze. If you can't find a spot and you end up at the end of the lot, you have to carefully back up and find an open area so you can turn around to go back out. It can be frustrating when the lot is full or close to it. And if the lot is full, paying guests shouldn't have to park outside overnight because all the spots are filled up by people attending a function in the hotel. But, despite what I just mentioned, the next time i'm in Saskatoon, I have every intention on staying there again. The extreme politeness of staff, the cleanliness, the food, and the hotel location are just a few of the things that make up for anything negative I came across.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the vote of confidence to the team at the hotel. I am so honored to work with some of the most amazing people I have ever meet. It will make them proud to see your kind words.
I am sorry for the frustration in the parking lot, I know it can be a challenge to turn around in and often wonder what the thought was when the building was built in 1982. I am concerned about your comments of not getting parking, I will be sure to review with the team to ensure we are managing our spaces properly.

Thank you again for the valuable feedback. Please contact me direct in the future if I can assist.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We always stay at the Raddisson.. And the front desk staff are amazing. The only frustreration I have each time is the store is closed early. One if the fun things about motel stats is getti g treats or magazines at night and every time I go there I'm a bit disappointed for that reason. My daughter feels the same way when we go there because she is too young fie the lounge so there is nowhere to get snacks. Otherwise... Perfect.

• Stayed November 2012
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the positive comments about your time with us. I am sorry for the reduced hours in the gift shop over the holiday's, I will be sure to follow up for the future so that our guests are not inconvience.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here just before Christmas. The lobby is gorgeous and done up really well for Christmas. Food in the bar and continental breakfast were very good and reasonable. Rooms are on the small side but clean. Getting a taxi is a pain but that's true all over Regina.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for the review, on behalf of the entire team at the hotel I thank you for the kind words and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay over Christmas.

Patty

Been to Radisson Hotel Saskatoon? Share your experiences!