“Simply the Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Saskatoon to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Twentieth Street East, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 6X6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #10 of 32 hotels in Saskatoon
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

From the time we were greeted at the front desk, 'till we checked out, everything was perfect. We got a lovely corner room on the 15th floor where we were away from other guests, and it was a very quiet room with a great view of the river and several of Saskatoon's bridges. As we have stayed here many times before, check-in and check-out were painless as they only needed the last four digits of my credit card to get things going ( a minute-five each way). We also took advantage of Aroma resto-bar, which I will rave about in another review.
You should never have anything to complain about at this hotel, but if you do, let them know and they will make it right, or you will stay for free.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer the best privacy. Higher rooms are quieter as they are further from the traffic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words Dave and for taking the time to post a review. The hotel's greatest asset is the team of people that work here and look after our guests every day. I will be sure to share this with them. If I can assist in the future please contact me direct.

Have a safe and Merry Holiday Season!

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Although the staff are friendly and efficient and the front of house looks good, there is a definite need to get some work done here. The guestroom carpet could use acleanining and the furniture is chipped and some very rough edges. The television reception was very poor and although reported right away it was never corrected, in fact when maintenance came to look at it he said well at least some of the HD channels are clear you can watch those. Not overly impressed, will definitely recommend our organization consider other properties for future business in Saskatoon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words about the team at the hotel, people really do make the difference and the staff at the hotel really are our greatest asset.

I was however alarmed to hear that you found the room condition and carpet an issue and I will follow up with the team. We are just starting our quarterly room blitz and I know the team will be shampooing all carpets and addressing refinishing of the case goods. I do know that our cable provider has been having some issues with the cable at the hotel and in the down town, but I have been told this has been corrected, regardless I am sorry for the less then engaged response you received and the frustration.

I would welcome the chance to speak to you in person and see how I can put these concerns to rest and redeem ourselves in order to see you return again. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Season Greetings!

Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is like living in a casle with all the amenities . The service was great the waiters were very good and smiled most of the time. The food was superb.
We would recomend this spot to all who travel

Room Tip: front rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. I will share your review with the team on Monday morning, it will be a wonderful way to start the week.

Have a Safe and Merry Holiday Season.

Travel safe always.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We are city residents and went to the Saskatoon Radisson for a weekend getaway. First, when we checked in, neither of my credit cards worked, so I paid in full with my debit card. When my husband came after work, he went down and his VISA worked just fine, so we refunded my debit and put the account on our VISA. When I checked in, I was told they did not have movies to rent, which sucked as we had two of our grandsons (9 & 5) with us for the one night, which is how we booked the room. When I got to our room, I had to order more towels as there were not enough for everyone.

We took the boys to the waterslide/pool that night (Friday) and the water to the slide was not turned on. This was about 7:00 to 7:15 p.m. Within half an hour we had a few more guests in the pool area and the waterslide was finally activated. The rest of the time in the pool was great.

The boys left in the morning after a great breakfast at Aroma, the restaurant, which was terrific the entire time we were there; the staff and chefs are wonderful.

My husband and I closed up the hideabed the boys had used and as I was putting a cushion on, my husband found underneath the bed - clearly visible - two men's magazines with very explicit pictures on the cover. He grabbed them and showed me, then put them out with the leftovers from our pizza night. He was just choked, and mentioned that they obviously did not clean thoroughly if these were left behind. Fortunately, the boys did not see the magazines.

The information in our room advised that unless requested, sheets were changed every other day. Not a problem. We booked in Friday afternoon and left Monday morning. Sunday morning we were later getting up and told housekeeping to give us about 30 minutes to vacate the room, which we did. We came back about an hour later and the room had not been cleaned. I called housekeeping around 3-4:00 p.m. to have them finally come attend the room, expecting the sheets to be changed, as they did require it, then we went out for a while. When we returned, the bed was only made, not changed. We just left it and said again that we would not be returning or recommending this hotel.

Other than the great food and service in the restaurant, the overall feel of our stay was a hotel that was trying to cut costs; it felt like they were in a cash crunch. The "service" part is a big part of staying in a hotel, and what kind of hotel in this day and age does not offer rental movies? The Radisson is billed as an executive-type hotel and hosts a lot of conventions, with a lovely site right near our beautiful river bank.

What a disappointment. The only reason I bumped this review up to a "3" is because of Aroma, the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review as well as the guest satisfaction survey with us direct. Once again thank you for the kind words about Kelly and Aroma, I will be sure to share them with the team. Our Food and Beverage team is excellent at the hotel without a doubt.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson I do apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I was shocked to read about the magazines and cleanliness issues, honestly our entire team takes absolute pride in what they do. This is very valuable feedback however and I will certainly follow up with the team and investigate how we missed on such critical steps.

In regards to on demand movies, the company we used actually sadly went out of business, the trend is happening all across Canada and the US with the introduction of Net Flicks and other on line options. I am however working with other venders to see if they can come to the table with an opportunity.

I had emailed you with an invitation to return prior to this being posted so I truly hope to hear from you with an opportunity to regain your trust.

Travel safe, always.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Last month I had the pleasure of attending a conference at the Radisson in Saskatoon. The rooms were nicely decorated and the bed super comfortable. The technical assistance at the conference was very good. Top marks go to the catering staff. By far the best food I have had at any conference in the last ten years. Bravo!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the very kind review and comments regarding the team and the hotel.

I am so lucky to not only work with the best culinary team in the city but also some of the most amazing people I have ever known. They all take pride in delivering the best experience to our guests and I am so pleased that it is noticed.

Travel Safe.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Staying here for 2 nights (currently on night 2) for business and would not recommend it to other business travellers. The wireless is spotty at best and the access code only works sometimes. It's extremely frustrating and unacceptable. The staff isn't able to help which requires you to call their IT helpline. Overall, the rooms are fine and the location is decent. Cameron at the front desk was helpful - great with directions and recommendations.

Room Tip: The Double queen room bathroom is tiny!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the review and the valuable feedback. I was shocked to read about the Internet being slow considering the amount of upgrades we have done in the last year. I will contact our supplier today and discuss what could have happened and get this corrected as it is a critical component for business travel today. Thank you for taking the time to bring to my attention.

Travel Safe.
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My spouse had a follow up medical appointment where we ended up having to immediately go to Saskatoon for surgery. We were planning on being home in a few hours so were caught completely off guard when we had to travel to the city. While at the hospital my daughter booked us a room at the Radisson. After a very exhausting day, we made it to the hotel. The two girls at the desk were very friendly (sorry I didn't get their names), they even offered us toothbrushes when they found out we had nothing with us. Todd at the desk valet parked our car and ensured the food that my daughter preordered for us was hot and on its way up to our room when we arrived. I can't tell you how much it meant to have such caring and courteous service after such an unexpected day. We will only stay at the Radisson when travelling to Saskatoon, and will tell all our friends about the service and gladly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Todd told me about your situation, I am so happy that we were able to help. I hope the eye surgery went well and you are on your way to a full recovery.

If you need assistance in the future, hopefully for a more enjoyable visit next time, please contact either Todd or I and we will be more than happy to assist.

Travel safe.

Patty

Been to Radisson Hotel Saskatoon? Share your experiences!