“A landmark in downtown Saskatoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

You added Radisson Hotel Saskatoon to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Twentieth Street East, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 6X6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
Moose Jaw, Canada
“A landmark in downtown Saskatoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We have stayed here many times since its opening in 1984. The major renovation has left it looking fresh but stately, and as usual, the staff were friendly and welcoming. Our corner room had a new traditional bed in it, and we saw several truckloads of sleep number beds being hauled away. Our room also had a newer heating unit that was quieter than the older ones. This is the only hotel we stay in while in Saskatoon.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have more privacy and two directional views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
We really appreciate the kind words and your continued support of the Radisson.
If I can be of assistance in the future please contact me direct.

All the Best in 2012.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

They FINALLY dispatched with the inflatable mattresses and have gone back to comfortable beds! This is now a fantastic hotel.

The only complaint would be the store in the lobby which is never open. They say they are open, but the employee is on a permanent smoke break.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you so much for supporting the hotel and your vote of confidence.

If I can assist in the future, please contact me direct at the hotel.

All the Best in 2012!
Red Deer
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson for easter break and I was so excited to stay at the Radisson becasue It was a Mother Daughter getaway, We got into the hotel room and it was gross, there was hair in the bathroom, it looked like someone bled all over the back of the door. The matresses felt like air matresses. We also got our bill under the door and noticed that there was a charge for underground parking, We were not told that BUT where are you suppose to park down town SASKATOON even if you dont want to pay for parking! The girl at the desk didnt talk to me and she just handed me the key, didnt tell me where to go! my mom and I had to find our own way around the hotel. She also didnt ask me for ID upon check in she just took my card! I did get a discount on the room becasue of where I work and I felt cause I got a lower rate I got a bad room and they didnt care.

The one good thing was the room service and the gentelman who delivered it! That was the only good part! We were happy to check out and regreted not staying with my sister who lives in saskatoon.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. I only wish you would have shared this earlier as it is difficult to go back to a stay in April and work with my team to improve. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, occasionally we may make mistakes. .
I would invite you to contact me personally at 306-665-3322 if I can assist in the future.

Happy New Year!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This hotel was great minus minor issues with noise from the hallway and the elevators being slow/busy.

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of October for my wedding. Sure, i was from Saskatoon but I wanted to have a nice place to stay for my hubby and I's first night as a married couple. Also, I wanted to stay for the night before the wedding with my two bridesmaids so we were all in one spot close to our venue and hair salon making it quicker and easier to get ready in the morning. :)

We stayed in an amazing 1 br suite on the top floor. I booked far enough in advance and got an awesome rate of $169 a night for the suite. It was a corner room with skylights in the living room, huge windows with an amazing river view, and had a jetted tub in the bathroom and a wet bar in the living room. The living room area had a hideabed, two chairs, a dining table w/ 4 chairs, and a desk with a roller chair. Plus the noisy/clunky ac/heating unit by the windows and the wetbar (complete w/ mini fridge) closer to the door. The bedroom had a queen size sleep number bed which was OK but I'd prefer a plush pillow top bed myself. Plus there were two nightstands, a bench, and a dresser (and an amazing view from the windows!). Bathroom was huge and had a nice big countertop with a big mirror plus a smaller magnified makeup mirror. Plenty of towels. The amenities in the bathroom were awesome: slippers, robes, shower gel, the other standard amenities (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc.), and a little kit with q-tips and cotton balls which was much appreciated. It had beautiful stone floors and walls and the tub was huge (never did test out the jetted tub though, due to timing).

I had an issue trying to hang my wedding dress up the night before since there wasn't anywhere to hang it out of the way where I could let the train down on it (ended up commandeering one of the bellhop carts for the night and using a chair to help too).

The one concern I had was the noise from the hallway, there was a bit of a gap under the door which allowed light and sound from the hall to enter the suite. The elevators were a bit slow too. Otherwise the room was really nice but was definitely on the small size.

I had the room service, it was decent (we had the express breakfast and it arrived hot and on time) and wasn't too badly priced. :)

Pros:
decor - recently renovated and nice decor in the rooms and halls and lobby
bathroom - spacious, amenities are awesome
wet bar - mini fridge and room for storing some dry goods too, was a nice touch
views - absolutely amazing!
price - much lower than a suite or room at the Sheraton/Bess and even the Park Town when I booked
windows - big and let you see the amazing view
staff - front desk staff was great

Cons - doorway had a gap under it allowing noise/light in.
elevators - slow and busy
room size - smaller than I expected, was a bit tight but not too bad

Room Tip: Specify a river view - the views are amazing of the river!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Congratulations to you both! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback and very kind words, I will be sure to share with my team mates.

All the Best in 2012.
Prince Albert, SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We've stayed at the Radisson quite a few times over the past few years, most recently in September 2011. It's always been a great hotel which is why we keep coming back! This last stay was a little bit disappointing but the staff was great so it doesn't mean we won't be back again.

When we arrived to check in, it was very busy due to teams checking in so we had to wait for about half an hour. Then, when we did get checked in, got up to the room and the keys wouldn't work. Then a group of girls from one of the teams came behind me and said "this is our room", put in their keys and they worked. Well. Back downstairs (with all luggage and busy, slow elevators) to wait again (although the lady that checked me in recognized me and helped me right away) and get a different room. She also gave us free breakfast vouchers for the mix-up. This time the room was right across from the elevators - not conducive to a good sleep on a Friday/Saturday night with a full hotel - and besides the teams there was some sort of Canada-wide university medical conference so they were partying late into the night. I called the front desk and although the clerk was very apologetic unfortunately the hotel was totally full so I couldn't get a new room. Thankfully Saturday night was much quieter!

As per other stays, the room was nice and clean. We've always lucked out to get the Sleep Number beds - I wouldn't necessarily want one at home but they are neat! They were doing renovations when we stayed so no chance on sleeping in but they did warn us when we checked in what time they would start. Reno's arent a bad thing though!

Restaurant was good, as usual - we ate there both mornings for breakfast.

Parking is a $12 charge per night but it's secure underground - only issue is when hotel is full it's harder to find a space.

Overall very happy with the Radisson. We've stayed at both Sheratons, Delta Bessborough, and the Park Town and the Radisson is the one we keep coming back to!

Room Tip: Corner queen room!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments and valuable feedback regarding your recent visit at the Radisson.

I am so sorry for the frustrations you encountered especially with the mix up during the room assignment, but pleased the desk offer some compensation for our error.
Thank you for the comments on Aroma, we are so proud of the food and beverage experience at the hotel, it has been our focus for the last couple years to ensure that the quality and service we offer sets us apart.

We look forward to your return. Please contact me direct in the future and I would be happy to make your arrangements.
Outlook, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The Hotel was very busy. They were short staffed and there were some very late check-outs. I was checking in around 4:00 pm and was told to check back in an hour. We really had no place to go so decided to wait in the lounge. After a half hour of waiting, I decided to check again. The room still wasn't ready. The representative I spoke to apologized and offered a complimentary drink at the lounge. I checked again in 30 minutes and we were able to check-in and I was pleasantly surprised with a reduction on the price of our accommodations. Well done Todd!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments regarding your recent visit at the Radisson.

I will definitely thank Todd for his commitment. I am so sorry for the frustration you encountered with the late check in, sadly when the hotel is very busy and transitioning between events, when a flu bug strikes it can be difficult. Thank you for being so kind.

We look forward to your return.
Regina, SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed at the Radisson Nov 18-20, 2011 for Pee Wee hockey tournament in Saskatoon. We arrived in Saskatoon early and were pleased that the room was available by noon. Parking was a challenge especially with an F350 long box and two way traffic with only one entrance/exit road and a bit pricey at $12 per night (but the price is stated on the web site). Rooms were clean (though there was a sock under the bed that was not ours) but not very spacious. Not much room bewtten the desk and the bed. Couldn't sit at the desk without blocking access to the bathroom. Nice to see the recycling initiatives. Surprised there was not a fridge in the room - thought that was standard now days. Didn't luck out with a sleep number bed. Linens were great but bed was very hard. Glad to have been provided with many towels. Showerhead was nice but we some how managed to gets lots of water on the floor even when the shower curtain was inside the tub. Heater in the room was quite loud when it kicked in. Windows did not open – openers had been removed from the windows. Elevators were plentiful (3) but slow. Loved the art in the hotel. Loved the waterslide/ pool area. Impressed that the waterslide water was quite warm and hot tub was reasonably hot and not scorching. Check in and out was quick and painless– staff very polite and professional. Forgot a cell phone charger plugged into the wall in the bathroom – quick response from housekeeping staff and was able to pick up charger next day.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

I am so sorry for the frustration you encountered, please know we always learn from guest comments and look at all as an opportunity to grow and improve our service and product.

We look forward to your return.

Been to Radisson Hotel Saskatoon? Share your experiences!