“A wonderful getaway!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Saskatoon to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Twentieth Street East, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 6X6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #10 of 32 hotels in Saskatoon
sask.canada
“A wonderful getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We seem to enjoy the Radisson more and more. We love the staff and many have been at the front desk for some time. We like having a restaurant for breakfast within the Hotel. We try to book the corner room for the lovely view and to date have not been disappointed. Ensure at time of booking you want the corner room with the great views. Our friends did not receive that and did request. The beds are comfy and a nice size room and decorated tastefully. Upgrades going on now so cannot wait to see the changes. I like the location of the hotel, too. Close to shopping, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the River.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words and your ongoing support of the hotel. Saskatoon is such an amazing city and we are truly blessed to have the best views of the river.

The associates that I work with each day and so passionate and committed to our guests, your comments will make their week.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please contact me direct at the Radisson.

Travel Safe

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed just one night, Aug 27th, attending a wedding. It was a great location, downtown and withing walking distance of shopping and bars, also close to the river and lovely park area. The hotel is undergoing renovations and we had a bit of a problem with the bathroom getting flooded as a result. Management were quick to change our room and sent personnel to help move all our stuff. The rooms are very comfortable, not large but certainly nice. Staff in the restaurant and bar were so pleasant. We had no time to use the pool. We enjoyed it and would recommend it.

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just hosted a lunch and learn event here and the food was simply amazing. The spread of food we had for our guests was incredible- cheeses, deli meats, salads, breads etc. All of my guests were impressed with the variety. Our server Flo, was very nice and catered to all our needs.
The restaurant in the lobby has probably the best eggs Benedict I have every tasted.
This hotel is also going under some huge reno's as there were workers gutting a lot of rooms on my floor. Noise was not an issue. Oh and it has an indoor waterslide!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words and feedback regarding your recent visit and meeting with us. I am so proud of the team at the hotel, our culinary team and service experts are second to none and they take such pride in what they do.

As the times have changed in hospitality we at the Radisson know that the food and beverage experience that our guests encounter is equally as important as the cleanliness of the room. We have spent this year developing a new concept to cater to business meetings and conventions and we have been experiencing great success and we are eager and committed to looking after our clients at a continuous high level of product and service.

I have shared your comments with Flo and the entire team and we would all like to thank you for your support and loyalty.

If I can be of any assistance, please contact me direct.
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice hotel. clean room, fantastic service. Unfortunately, renovations on every floor made it noisy during the day. And dusty.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for your feedback about the hotel from your recent visit . I am sorry that you were not informed at the time you booked the reservation about the renovations happening in the guest room bathrooms. I will be certain to follow up with my teammates. The project will be completed by October 1st 2011.

If I can assist in the future please contact the hotel direct and I will be more then happy to assist
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Better than the Delta Bessborough.

We are very familiar with the hotel scene in Saskatoon. The Raddison is far and away the best hotel. The Delta Bessborough has a beautiful exterior, location, lobby, and history, and name recognition, but the rooms are not nearly as nice or big as the Raddison.

The river views are amazing. There is underground parking (12 bucks a day with come and go privledges). Lots of windows and an amazing location, right downtown on the beautiful Saskatoon riverbank. Wall to wall, with almost floor to ceiling windows.

The staff were always very helpful and courteous. When checking out there was a long line, but I was still in an out in only a few minutes.

We had an issue because I made the air conditioner too cold and it froze and then broke and leaked all over. The staff came right away and fixed it, and cleaned the floor. They were very courteous. They (the repair guy and floor cleaner) worked as fast as they could and were very pleasant. It was a busy Friday night and it was resolved very quickly and effectively cleaned. The repair guy helped us figure out the TV too!

One of our friends wanted more complimentary coffee in our room and it was brought up right away free of charge.

Sleep number bed was very comfortable.

Only problem is that it is pricey. We would typically not pay this price.

Room Tip: ask for high floor with river view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
What a pleasure to read your comments on the hotel, I am so honored to work with such wonderful people that care so much for our guests,

If I can be of any assistance with your travel plans for next summer please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the Radisson.
Regina, SK. Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Radisson a few times when we go to Saskatoon for events that are down by the river (Jazz festival, Fireworks festival). It has the best view of the river for the price of the three in that area (others are Bessborough and Sheraton). There are other hotels in Saskatoon that are cheaper, but not if you want that lovely view. And the convenience of being able to walk less than 1/2 block to the river and whatever festivities are going on there is great. Some of my friends have commented that they don't like the sleep number beds. But we were quite comfortable.

One downside is that they charge an additional $12 per day for parking, so that adds to your cost. And sadly, last week when we went for the fireworks festival, they were renovating and all the rooms that would have had a view of the Broadway bridge were not available (renos on that side of the hotel on every floor). My only complaint is that the person on the phone taking my reservation should have told me, as I specifically told her that I wanted the river view to see the fireworks. We got a river view, but it was actually more of a city view with the river off in the background, and not of the bridge where the fireworks were being set off.

So, not what we were hoping for, and if I had known, I would have booked at the Bess instead. Still, even with the renos, our stay was satisfactory - the workmen were quiet and respectful, and they were using low-odor paint and kept the mess down to a minimum. Overall, I would stay here again when I want that lovely view - but I will ask about renos before I book!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner queen room with a river view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel, for the kind words and your on going support.

I am however so sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request for a river view and disturbed to hear that you were not informed of the renovations at the time that you booked the room, I will definitely follow up with our reservations department as we need to inform our guests of renovations.

On another note I am happy to say that we are currently working with our owners to replace the Sleep Number Beds early in 2012.

If I can assist at anytime in the future, please contact me direct at the hotel, travel safe and enjoy the upcoming fall.
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night with our dog...although always grateful to find a pet-friendly hotel, this one left a few areas for improvement. Upon check-out I remarked that it was unfortunate to still be combining smoking rooms with pet-friendly rooms. I was informed that the hotel has had a non-smoking policy for 2 years. Somewhat shocking, as the smell of smoke was definitely the first thing we noticed upon entering the room(despite the apparent cleanliness) and just assumed that this was what the set-up was...to add further disappointment, the window also did not open. Needless to say, neither of us slept well and awoke with headaches...

Although well-enough appointed (more towels than anywhere else I have stayed in the past 2 yrs), the room did not seem "pet-friendly"...white duvet covers, no refrigerator and access (5 floors up on the elevator) was not favourable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding the hotel. I am very sorry for the discomfort and frustration that you encountered due to the smell of smoke and I will review with my team mates our policy on how to deal with a room that has been smoked in by a previous guest before it is released to be rented to the next guest. .

I am pleased that overall you found the room cleanliness to be 5 out of 5 and that we were able to accommodate your entire family including your pet. We believe that family is family and are proud to be able to offer accommodations for our guest travelling with pets free of additional charges. Having said that as a 19th floor building we do not have rooms off the lobby for easier access to the outside so I will speak to reservations to ensure they are informing our guest when they inquire about their pets so they are able to make an informed decision as to where to stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and kind words.

Been to Radisson Hotel Saskatoon? Share your experiences!