“Head ache.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2155 Northridge Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 6X6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay More, Save More!
Ranked #25 of 32 hotels in Saskatoon
High Level, Canada
“Head ache.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

When I first arrived, I checked in easily enough. The man at the front desk didnt seem to know what he was really saying or doing ( maybe he was new) I had booked over the phone two weeks prior, for a non smoking animal friendly room. Guess they didnt get that memo,we went up to a room, 3 kids, 2 cats, a dog and alot of luggage. Ten minutes later he called our room and moved us to the first floor, which was better, convience wise. But there was NO ELEVATOR? So I hsd to move my 3 kids, 2 cats,1 dog and luggage to boot, down AGAIN. To a less fancy room, smelt like smoke and was a bit dingy. But not horrible. Breakfest was good, room was clean enough. Nice big room. If that first mix up hadnt have happened it would have been a better stay. The next morning, I think it was the manager was working. He was lovely. He should always be there to welcome guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CN352Management, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We do apologize that we did not have your requested room type available upon your arrival but we are glad we were able to resolve the situation. We do try our best to meet all room requests regardless of how the reservations are booked. Thank you for your positive feedback on the manager the next day, it is appreciated.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I had a conference at an adjacent property and this hotel had a lower rate; I thought this would be a good way to help the budget constraints at work. The hotel is completely under renovations. I had to walk around the entire property before I could find the entrance as the main one was closed. The hallways were filled with construction material and the men were working from 8 AM until around 6 PM. At night, the hallways were loud, and the walls did not offer much silence. My room was very clean. I could hear the TV and conversations from the connecting rooms. I woke up in the morning for the "breakfast" (which was in a bedroom instead of a meal room of any sort. due to renovations), which was supposed to start at 6:30 AM. I arrived at 6:45 and there was no coffee or any food for that matter. There is not much around here to grab a quick bite and I stayed here not just for the price and distance but also for breakfast. This was the same situation my second morning.

I was intending to stay for four nights, but was told after my second night that I had to move to another hotel, all the way across town. My room was no longer available due to the renovations, despite the fact I had prepaid and booked a month before. The staff was incredibly friendly about it, and did offer to pay for my taxi to get to my conference. The other hotel was much nicer. However, I was a bit annoyed that I was told the final two nights would be "complimentary", which apparently in Comfort Inn language means not that the room is free, but that I wouldn't be charged an increased rate.

Overall, great staff, but avoid the hotel at least until the renovations are done. And hope they don't move you halfway through your stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CN352Management, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Please accept our apologies if we missed the opportunity to communicate that our hotel is currently undergoing renovations. We do regret that this negatively impacted your stay but as indicated in your review, we did find another accommodation for you and paid for your taxi rides as you were further from your conference
Ste. Anne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel was excellent - everything is top quality. THe bathroom had fans that are motion activated, the bedside lights had led spots for reading in bed. The furniture was very comfortable and the bed and bedding was beyond expectation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were satisfied with all aspects of your stay
Gronlid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Do not pay for the park and fly, the hotel is dirty, the staff does not care, they are confused. We paid the $170 bucks to stay here and leave our car when we went on vacation. When we walked in I thought, omg, what a dump, but it was late and I figured what the heck, it was one night. We asked where to leave our car and they told us where to park. Well upon our return, our car was froze in solid. Seems it had melted around our car, and the staff just sat and watched this happen, the pump was not even running to drain the water away. It took over two hours to get our car out, had to get a tow truck to get it out. In the mean time I had to use the bathroom, the clerk told me they did not have public washrooms,WHAT, I am stuck in this hole and you don't have a bathroom I can use, I insisted, got the arrrg from her, but did finally get a washroom to use. The Assistant Manage actually said that it was "HIS BAD" he and the manager had thought about calling a tow truck to move our vehicle fro this spot, but then they decided not to worry about it. I talked to the manager on the phone, and she did agree to pay for the tow and our room. I asked the assistance that she call me on Monday to confirm that she planned to honer the deal, of course no call came, I called on Tuesday left another message, she still did not call back. I lodged a complaint to someone higher then her and of course she then called and left a long message about how stupid I was and that she felt not need to call back. If you need to park and fly, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CN352Management, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I do apologize for the weather you experienced when returning to Saskatoon. It was an unexpected melt in the spring and although we had a pump to remove the water, the temperature dropped and everything froze . We did the best we could do in that situation and did take care of the charges to have your car towed from the ice. I am sorry that our hotel did hot satisfy your needs.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not fancy, but clean and comfortable. Good location near Circle Drive - we were driving from Edmonton to Winnipeg. Good breakfast - a good variety of options. Friendly and helpfulstaff. Several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CN352Management, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing The Comort Inn for your recent trip to Saskatoon and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property
Yorkton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is away from the main road view. Room was very nice all updated fixtures and quiet. Requested a late check out and didn't have to get up at 6am to ask for it. Was impressed with stay. No pool on site that I know of and no resteraunt. Tony Roma's is just across the street.

• Stayed March 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and we hope you will return again soon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is economical (118 for a single queen) but there was a bunch of noise outside as people loaded and unloaded trailers. I'm not sure what business is north of the inn, but it seems to create some of the noise issues I had in the evening.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CN352Management, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for both saying we are an economical hotel and feedback on the noise levels. I am so sorry to hear that you could hear noise outside your room.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!