“Warm and Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express

You added Holiday Inn Express to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express
315 Idylwyld Drive North, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 0Z1, Canada (Caswell Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
Coupeville, Washington
“Warm and Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay. Checks the box in a nice room, breakfast with lots of options so you can always find something, location is good. Staff were a little distant at the front desk, but in the dining area always attentive. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ryan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Robyn
I am very happy to hear that you were comfortable at this location. We do serve a great breakfast, I hope you we will see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lloydminster, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have started staying at Holiday Inns for business travel because of the rewards program they have. I was expecting more because of the red carpet service I have experienced at other HI hotels in Alberta.

This hotel was difficult to access because of the road construction.

There is no restaurant or bar in the hotel but you can walk to a few close by.

The bed/room was ok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello RodeoFoto for taking time to review us.

I understand how inconvenient the road construction is here in Saskatoon. The city has assured me that this 4 month long street project should be wrapping up at the end of October. Once completed access to the Express will be a lot less confusing. We appreciated all of the patience our guests have shown this season, as the construction has made it a difficult summer.
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was staying in this hotel (Room 417) for business. the rooms were A bit small ( I would think) but were maintained and kept clean.

The only thing that I thought was disgusting was that they had the coffee maker in the washroom.

The breakfast was complimentary with the stay and was the best.

They have swimming pool and hot tub; but we never got the time to use it.

The location of the hotel was convenient and near to my work place.

Overall a positive experience...

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for the review. I am glad that the hotel was able to meet you needs and I am happy that you had a positive experience here. In the upcoming months we will be undergoing extensive renovations to our rooms. At this time we are hoping to find a new home for the coffee makers. Hopefully on your next stay you will be able to enjoy our pool and hot tub.
Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Breakfast typical Holiday Inn with powdered eggs and ham. Ample choice for cold items though (yogurt, whole fruits, toast, bagels, cereal). Room was clean and basic. Location is just fine if you have a

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear dandpalberta,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff were very friendly, the breakfasts were great - well stocked and replenished often. There were lots of families with kids excited to use the pool faclities. The hotel was in a central location, and we were able to easily walk downtown to the Saskatoon Farmer's Market (also great) and the Saskatoon Station Restaurant.

Great time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ryan P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I am always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We take great pride in our facilities, and will continue to keep them in top shape for guests who are excited to use them.
It’s wonderful you were able to take advantage of some of the local attractions – we love them too.
Hope to see you again soon.
Swift Current, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to say that this hotel experience was one of the worst I have ever had, and it was due to one employee that threatened to kick my wife and three kids out for getting in the bathtub at 8:30 at night. Tash, from the front desk, called our room 3 times between 7:30pm and 8:30pm to complain about the noise from our kids. I have three young children who were excited about the pool and were getting ready for bed. Quiet time is 10pm, not 8:30. She threatened to kick my wife and children out of the hotel until I confronted her about her lack of professionalism. Tash did not even come to the floor and listen to the noise made by my children, she just phoned and was unprofessional.
I then asked her for a coffee cup full of apple juice to give to my children and she acted like she was doing me a big favor and that it was not something that they do on a regula basis. Tash really needs to learn customer service, the front desk clerk on the Saturday night was fantastic, very accomidating to families. Management should provide some one-on-one mentorship to help Tash learn how to problem solve.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear dadof3pc,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We already stayed in several Holiday Inn Express Hotels, so we did booked for this 2 Nights that Hotel in Saskatoon. Fast Check In there. The Room was in the normal Ibis Design - basic - but clean and fully sufficient for that short Trip. As usually in this Hotels, the Breakfast has also there a pretty good Standard. We also have been two times at the Breakfast and did get there a very friendly Service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello FlyMeToParis22, Thank you for the nice review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast!

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!