“Great room(s)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express

You added Holiday Inn Express to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express
315 Idylwyld Drive North, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 0Z1, Canada (Caswell Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Saskatoon
Calgary, Canada
“Great room(s)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was able to get the two room suite on my last stay. It was nice to have the extra room. I will book this suite when in Saskatoon.

Room Tip: Ask for the family room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Regina, Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Super friendly staff, rooms with extremely high ceilings, decent ammenities... fine for a night or two if you're working and don't want to be exploring the area. But overall it's a hike to downtown, or anywhere you'd want to walk around. Especially at night. It's right beside the railroad tracks which according to my husband seemed to be a route used by people that you wouldn't want to run into on a good day. And the hotel was more expensive than our corporate rate at a high end hotel on the Riverbank, which is a much more desirable location. Pool was also being repaired at the time we stayed so one more thing against it!
Again - the service and rooms are great - it's the location that is not great.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week while in Saskatoon. Like other hotels in this city, I find the price to value ratio quite poor. Saskatoon doesn't have enough rooms to make it competitive enough for reasonable prices. Why should prices in Saskatoon be higher than Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg?
The Hotel itself is very clean and the front desk staff are friendly. Rooms are clean and internet is decent compared to other HIE locations I have been to. The breakfast is good and is pretty much standard fare for this chain but they offer little extras that are appreciated....like real ham!
Not located in the best part of the city but close to downtown and there is lots of parking.
Book early or you're not getting in.

Room Tip: Book as much as you can in advance not just to get a room but to get a decent price.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for business purposes 4 or 5 times over the years and prefer the location over the downtown hotels. Close proximity to downtown, easy in an out parking, quick hot buffet breakfast, and overall consistently high levels of service, room quality, and value makes it my hotel of choice when travelling on business in Saskatoon. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Parksville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed @ this hotel during a very hard time in my life. I had to make a quick trip back to Sask for a family emergency. The staff were so very helpful and accomidating, that no words can express my graditide.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Niagra Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel last weekend and there was a huge conference going on. I am a platinum member with priority club rewards and they forced me in without a problem even though they were fully booked. I always stay with this chain because I am a platinum member and I expect a high level of service. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond my expectations. I admit that the hotel does need a good upgrade but the staff more than makes up for that! I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice comments! I am very proud of my staff; and I always love to hear that they go above and beyond! In order to keep providing with the best service possible we will be undergoing some renovations and upgrades in the next year. Our Platinum members are very important to us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

What a great place to stay! This was my first visit to Saskatoon, and although I am normally a Marriott girl there was not one available to me. The staff are truly exceptional; answering all of my questions, and providing me with great restaurant recommendations. The location made it quite easy to get around, the property itself was well maintained, and the rooms were clean and extremely comfortable. The housekeeping staff were amazing ensuring that I had all of the amenities I required. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We very much appreciate being your choice for your first visit to Saskatoon! It’s nice to hear that we could impress a “Marriott Girl” as we know they run a good chain of hotels! We would love to see you again and we hope that you will be your choice next visit.

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!