“Nice Renovations and good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Western Canada
“Nice Renovations and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

nicely upscaled, food was good, quick, and reasonably priced

Visited December 2011

Moose Jaw, Canada
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We ate here early last night right after work as we had a hockey game to go to. As we were early I guess they were pretty quite. I had eaten lunch here a year or two ago and thought it was pretty good at the time.

On the menu they still have that list you used to see quite often about how they cook their steaks. They list medium rare as seared on the outside, red and warm in the middle. I ordered a steak sandwich knowing that a smaller steak is harder to cook exactly. I ordered sweet potato fries which cost an extra $2.00 I think, no problem.

When our meals quickly arrive, I have a piece of steak on bread, the fries and a little cup of dipping sauce I doubt a tablespoon. The plate looked quite funny, no veggie or garnish. When I cut into my steak it is cooked completely through and dry as a bone. Not being one to send food back I just ate it. When my little bit of dip for the fries ran out I asked for more and was told "I have to charge extra for that." Really? I thought my extra charge might cover that. I would say the amount of dip they give is about 1/3 the amount most other restaurants give.

My steak other than being so over cooked was OK and the fries were very good. Our waitress also was very good and friendly. You could tell she felt bad that she is made to charge extra for dipping sauce. Our server is the one thing that brought this review up to a three, without her I would have given two.

Looking at the atmosphere it looks like they want to compete with say a BPs, this night I wish we would have gone to BPs.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“Seated quickly, served quickly, food tasted great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went there for breakfast since I was staying in the connected Best Western. Ordered one of the basic breakfast menu items and the food was great. Service was great (even though I was anti-social because it was a working breakfast). The server "read the play" and only communicated when needed.

Visited February 2012
Regina,Sask.
“busy place, good food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We went to Ricky's for lunch. It is quite a busy place at noon, yet service was very good. The waitress explained the daily special; provided refills of our drinks; also asked how the meals were and if we needed anything else. We ordered the special of the day which was stew on a bed of mashed potatoes. It was tasty but could have used more ingredients (meat, veggies) and less gravy. The individual loaves of garlic bread were excellent, quite garlicy and a good size. I have dined at Ricky's several times and have always had a good meal and good service There are plenty of choices on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wawota, SK
“Awesome Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012