“Very popular tapas bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
2228 Albert Street, Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 2V2, Canada (Cathedral)
(306)546-3660
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 462 Restaurants in Regina
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Cathedral
Karachi, Pakistan
“Very popular tapas bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is one of my favourite Regina restaurants. While the wine list is a bit limited, I think that the food is quite good. The service we had was excellent, even when it got a whole lot busier. I would note that when it gets busier it also gets very noisy. The din is so bad that you can't possibly have a conversation.

Visited July 2014

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

After a long day of travel we were looking for quick food. We came across La Bodega. Fortunately it was not busy however they still attempted to seat us a tiny 2 seater...

The food was good in how it was cooked but I was surprised at the lack of flavour. The menu is fairly limited which is understandable but it was difficult to choose something. We choose Pizza, steak and the ceviche as an appetizer. The ceviche was the best part. The steak was cooked perfectly however there was way too much salt either on the steak or the frites. The pizza was gluten free and done well however was lacking any flavour.

It may seem that I am not liking the food. That is not entirely true. It's just for all the hype and the prices I did expect a bit better. Like I said the steak was cooked perfectly and the ceviche was great.

May go back again after reviewing the menu first.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Regina, Canada
“Pretentious stay away!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My brother and his wife and there best friend were in the city, my wife and I wanted to take them out as it was my sister in laws birthday. It was a beautiful Saskatchewan evening I suggested we go for drinks and tapas at La Bodega. The patio was full but it was later on in evening and so the choice was to go inside, where it was very hot or on "park benches" outside at he entrance. The patio was full and they asked if people leave could we move there. Told by this "male" hostess " no, once seated you have to stay there. I was not part of the conversation as I dropped them off in front and then parked the vehicle. They tried to reason with them but apparently this was the way it was going to be! Reluctantly they decided to stay outside on the unpainted park bench. When I arrived I was not happy as it was my suggestion to go here in fact I was embarrassed. Our order had just been taken when I noticed at least eight people get up from the patio area and left. I went up our waitress and asked her if we could move to the patio and was told no! The reason the policy is clear "once seated you can not be moved." She explained that the reason is orders get mixed up when people move, even though we she was our waitress had taken our order but not delivered anything we could not move. The food was marginal except the cheese & bread tapas that, was awful and way over priced. I was totally embarrassed will never go there again and will pass on this experience to all my friends, associates etc.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Verry Cool and Trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had a long day on the road and just wanted a quick bit and a glass of wine. We did not have a reservation and as a result we were offered a seat in the lounge. I actually would ask to sit in the lounge if I went back. It is very cool and trendy, set in an old house, they have made a very long and very inviting social bar. We were impressed with the list of tapas and wines both by the glass and by the bottle. We tried several appetisers, the crab cakes were of particular note, must have been fresh crab to have that level of flavour. We also tried the chicken pizza. It was alright, a layer of uncooked fresh herbs on top gave it bit of a grassy taste otherwise it was tasty. Overall it was exactly what we were hoping for. Would definitely go back and stick to the tapas.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Great food with great service - the perfect combo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had heard good things about La Bodega so I decided to check it out on my recent business trip to Regina. The place is easy to find, right on Albert street a few blocks north of the legislative grounds. The decore is nothing spectacular and the menu is focused, indicating they only want to serve what they do well. I had a small steak with a side ceasar salad. Steak was delicious and nicely cooked. Salad was excellent with nice fresh ingredients. Dessert was warm french crepes wrapped around banana halves with whipped cream and ice cream. Very nice. Good coffee too. I had the benefit of a clear view of the serving staff buzzing around the kitchen and the bar. It was pure ballet. This is a tight spot where collisions would be easy or frustrations as staff block each other's progress to get in and out of the kitchen. There was only the smooth, responsive actions of a team dedicated to great service. The staff were active, hustling to get food out and respond to their customers. What fun to watch. Great job.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere