“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
2228 Albert Street, Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 2V2, Canada (Cathedral)
(306)546-3660
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cathedral
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

great service and excellent food,if you are looking for a cozy atmosphere for some tapas and great wine

• Visited December 2013

Regina, Canada
“Delicious Tapas - Excellent Service - Our Favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I regularly come here for tapas and we've never been disappointed. It's always nice to see them change the menu seasonally and it gives you something to look forward to trying different (or waiting for your fave to come back!) I always know summer's around the corner when seviche is back on the menu..

Some awesome menu items include:
- Lamb lollis
- Mediterranean platters with bottles of our favourite wine
- Tuna seared right in front of you
- Baked brie with walnuts, apples, cranberries, crusty bread and smoked sea salt
- Grilled fois gras

Why wouldn't you go?

• Visited June 2013
Regina
“Half Price Wine!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

La Bodega is a regular spot that I meet my girlfriends to share a bottle of wine, a bite to eat and to catch up. Service is always great and have never had a bad meal or tapas there! Crab cake eggs benedict cannot be beat!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Regina, Canada
“Perfect night out and your taste-buds will NOT be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a restaurant I have been going to for years. The food is superb (try the Mushroom Strudel, lamb enchilladas, corona prawns, basil cream mussels, lobster poutine, or SPLURG and get the seafood plank for two - SUPERB). The martini menu is endless and the service is second to none. Also, they have been featuring their wine and sangria and half off. If you are visiting on a weekend, the Sunday brunch is a must (my personal favourites are the huevos rancheros, the chorizo burrito, or the egg's benedict with goat cheese and spinach). I've pretty well sampled the entire menu (which is huge) and the only things I've tried that I haven't enjoyed are the buffalo springrolls and the crabcakes. This is a very modern place that can be visited dressed-down in jeans and a tee-shirt or all glammed-up for a ladies' night on the town. It's also very romantic for couples and it is lovely to sit outside on the triple-decker deck (the "treehouse") in the summer time.

• Visited November 2013
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband, daughter and I went to this restaurant and I was very disappointed. The place smelled moldy and old.....we ordered the crab cakes....which were dry and over cooked, the mushroom stuffed pastry was greasy, it did taste ok. The lobster fries were awful. And I love lobster. The rice that came with the lamb dish the rice was plain tasting. My husband ate the lamb. He said it was a little over cooked but it tasted good. Our waitress was fairly friendly, but she never smiled, it also felt like she really didn't want to be there.....I may give it another try in a few months. I do believe a restaurant can have a bad day.....but right now this is my review. I am not saying do not eat there. Not everyone shares the same taste.

• Visited September 2013