“Pretty good food, but overpriced, with quirky staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Mediterranean Bistro
2589 Quance St E, Regina, Saskatchewan S4V 2X7, Canada (Victoria Avenue East)
(306) 757-1666
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Victoria Avenue East
Regina, Canada
“Pretty good food, but overpriced, with quirky staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had a Groupon, I paid $20 for $40 worth of food. I had never been to this restaurant before or heard anything about it. My boyfriend and I went for supper at about 6:30, place was nearly deserted, only 2 other couples in there. The menu was filled with things that sounded a bit different from what I'm used to, but in a good way. We both decided on the entree that was on " special", a fish trio with choice of starch and veggies. This was about $32 (special price was the same as in the menu), and came with no starters. Apparently my Groupon was not going far. My boyfriend and I shared some wine and then the food came. Huge plates, all three kinds of fish piled atop one another and on the veggies, with a very unattractive clump of mashed "Mediterranean" potatoes, leaving a whole lot of space that I personally didn't want to see on a $32 plate of food. Despite the terrible presentation, the food was good. The three types of fish all had their own sauces and were excellent. The veggies were glazed and tasted really nice, but the potatoes (which seemed like they were supposed to be a specialty of the restaurant) were really dry and just not that good. Besides this, our waitress was a bit chatty and quirky. Apparently she's also a hairdresser. And she walked around singing (not well) to the songs playing in the background, while she cleaned up around us. This included singing while she was at our table and we were paying the sizable bill we were left with after our $40 Groupon was applied. With all the other more reasonable and enjoyable places to visit in Regina, I don't see myself returning.

Visited December 2012

Regina, Canada
“First visit and will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Welcomed at the door by a cheery hostess at the door who hung our coats. Shown to our reserved table and greeted in short order by our delightful server who proceeded to cater to our every question and need - knows his job and does it well. Enjoyed our appetizer - crab and shrimp dip served with pitas, and then dug into our entrees - flat iron steak and brie chocolate cherry chicken - delicious, served piping hot - yum! Our reservation was for 6pm and we were done and on our way by 7:30pm. Absolutely no complaints!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Falling behind premiere establishments”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

After a long hiatus my wife and I decided to "return to the scene of the ". We were looked after promptly at the door and showed to our reserved table. The waitress seemed to have a ho hum attitude to the whole experience.
Did I mention our reservations were for 6:30 and our entree arrived at close to 8. The Mediterranean potatoes were Luke warm as well as the chicken.Nice menu offering like oven roasted root vegetables was a very nice change. The wine list needed an overhaul. All in all it was a disappointment over our last visit and could be a while beer another

“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Everything about the meal was great. They have a great selection of beer. It was a beer night for me. Had the pork loved it.

Visited October 2012
Regina
“There is no reason to eat here - very sad...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

5 reasons not to go;

1. From their lack of response to any of these reviews and their attitude within the premises it is obvious that they are beyond caring – this is a row boat sinking slowly.

2. From their menu, “Tender, fall off the bone back ribs with an in house made dry rub” Ours were charred to charcoal on 2 of the 4 and wouldn’t have fallen off the rib unless scraped with a knife. Our “Broiled Lemon & Garlic Jumbo Prawns” were so rubbery that a knife was required to cut through them. The “Roasted Tomato Bisque | Fire roasted tomatoes baked with puff pastry” was served in a ceramic bowl with a handle that was so hot that my wife burned the skin on her forearm when she accidentally brushed it. A week later, it is still a red & tender, peeling sore. No mention was made by the server as to this danger. Lastly, the “Bistro Seafood Chowder | Fresh fish in a tomato based broth” was overly salty (seawater, perhaps?).

3. The server’s black pants needed not only cleaning but replacement – NOW! It is difficult to have faith in the food when the server’s attire is not presentable. Please note, we were there at 12:10 PM for lunch, there were 2 tables of 2 so it would be difficult to attribute this condition to being overworked.

4. Service is extremely slow.

5. There was no attempt to compensate.

• Visited September 2012