“a classy restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeshore Restaurant

Lakeshore Restaurant
1350 23rd Ave, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (Hillsdale)
(306) 584-3780
Neighborhood: Hillsdale
Omaha, Nebraska
“a classy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

very comfortable and relaxing divorced from the Earls/Moxie's flashy youth culture and hype. The food is excellent and yes the atmosphere is refreshingly retro.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“needs updating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

this restarant has not changed since the 70s the washrooms are run down and stink if they turned on the lights no one would eat there.run inti the ground only saving grace still good food

Visited February 2012
Regina, Canada
“Fancier good down to earth food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The seafood kabobs are awesome. Atmosphere is very nice, but it is getting old and needs some updating.

Visited November 2012
“15th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at Lakeshore Restaurant last night. The meal was one of the best we ever had. For apps I had the shrimp cocktail and my wife had the escargot. We are both Maritimers, so we both know a thing or two about seafood. Both dishes were superb. Next course was Greek salads. The lettuce and tomatoes were crisp and fresh and they had the perfect amount of feta cheese and olives. Some restaurants try to save money by being skimpy on the olives and feta cheese, but Lakeshore had just the right amount. Not too much and not too little, perfect. I got the steak and lobster for my entree. Both were cooked to perfection. They were soft and tender. Either one of these meats will get tough and chewy if over-cooked. My wife had the Greek Chicken. The best way I can think to describe this dish is phenomenal and that is still understating it. It was soooo good. For desert I had a carmel apple cheesecake and my wife had the pecan flan. They were the perfect finish to a perfect meal. The ambiance in the restaurant is very romantic. They sat us next to the fireplace. Other people commenting on this website call the decor dated. I couldn't disagree more. I lived in Europe for three years and this decor has an old world charm. Our waitress was very pleasant, quick, and had wonderful recommendations. When we finished a plate other servers would grab our dirty dish instead of waiting for her. Thus providing very prompt service.

Overall I do not have one complaint about our special dinner. In fact my wife and I both agree, this is one of the best meals we have ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody. I am an Assistant Manager of a bank and I intend on bringing my Executives and VIP's to this place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Regina, Canada
“Had to see for ourselves...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

After reading various reviews, we tried the Lakeshore. We didn't mind the atmosphere at all, in fact we quite enjoyed the room, except for the crying toddlers next to us. It would be nice to be able to go somewhere and NOT have screaming children interrupt a couples' evening out. (We have 5 grown children so are not against kids - just think they don't belong in some restaurants where people pay a lot of money for a nice evening out.) The steak was SO tender; the oven roasted potatoes were good; the Greek chicken was moist and flavourful; the barbecued ribs were too doused in tomato sauce and had no discernible flavour. Service was good, except trying to pay took awhile. Checked the washrooms and was sad to see there are no provisions for handicapped persons. Not a grab bar or raised toilet seat in sight. This will be the factor that has us making minimal trips back to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012