“Needs a facelift” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeshore Restaurant

Lakeshore Restaurant
1350 23rd Ave, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (Hillsdale)
(306) 584-3780
Neighborhood: Hillsdale
Saskatchewan
“Needs a facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The food and the decor need a bit of a facelift. We used to frequent The Lakeshore as our family celebration restaurant, but the last couple of meals and service left a lot to be desired, and so did the tired decor. I'll eat somewhere else and keep my memories of what used to be ...

Visited April 2012

Regina
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is the place we go when we want good atmosphere for a special evening out whether it is a cellebration, a xmas party or a romantic dinner. The steak and lobster or crab legs are family favorites

Visited September 2012
Regina, Canada
“Not bad, but not great and really boring.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'm going to dissent from the consensus here and say that I actually rather appreciated the 1970s feel to this place. It was dark and fairly quiet, just the kind of atmosphere I prefer. However, there was still adult light contemporary music playing at an audible level, which I generally don't think has a place in a fine dining restaurant--hook up some classical music instead, I don't like listening to the same stuff as I do at the grocery store.

As for the food: blah. They do have a pretty impressive selection of entrees to choose from, but the overall quality is just not up to par for a steakhouse. Everything was fresh and well-prepared, but there are no exciting flavors here. I'm pretty sure my salad came from a bag, with a few tiny slices of cucumber added. No tomatoes, no croutons, just plain. Desert menu was totally uninspiring, it looks like they purchase frozen cheesecakes from a supplier rather than making their own deserts in-house, which again is fine, but not what I expect from this type of place.

Overall, this restaurant simply lacks sophistication. A much more interesting and flavorful meal can be had at other steakhouses for similar prices, so I really can't recommend the Lakeshore.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
regina, canada
“New decor required”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This dated restaurant has average service and desperately requires an update in looks ... it reminds me of the "Old Vegas" reaturants ... smells and all ...

Visited August 2012
Regina
“Owner needs to grow some b*l@”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went to the Lakeshore for my birthday dinner tonight and were looking very forward to indulging in some seafood. First impression of our waitress was that we were inconveniencing her... she was not overly friendly, cheerful or helpful. We had to ask her what she recommended that we try/order.

My mother and I chose to order the Steak & Alaskan King Crab meal that was marked on the menu as 9oz steak, 1 pound of crab legs for $55. We saw on the other side of the menu that you could order just 1 pound of crab legs for the same price. So we figured it was a no-brainer to order the meal that included the steak at the same price for the same amount of crab legs.

We were started off with a salad, which was the most pathetic salad I have ever seen in a fine dining establishment. If you want to simply munch on iceberg lettuce this is the place to go. I did not see even one tomato, cucumber or carrot in my salad. My balsamic vinaigrette dressing was pretty much just pure olive oil. Not that tasty.

Then our meals came, and my Mom and I were presented with a plate that two crab legs on it split in half, and a steak alongside with cheap veggies that were broccoli and carrots. Again, for a fine dining establishment I would expect a more exotic selection of veggies on my plate than this.

We asked if this was 1 pound of crab legs on our plate, and they replied "no its 1/2 pound". We told them that the menu said it came with a full pound. The waitress came back and told us that there was a mistake in the printing of the menu and apologized.

We said we thought we should get the full pound of crab legs since this is what we ordered and the menu said. She had to talk to the manager... who had to talk to the owner.. and the waitress came back and told us we would have to "fight" to get anything changed with our plate. I didn't realize fine dining required boxing gloves???

We said we would like to talk to the manager or whomever could do something about our meal mishap. After a while waiting, she came back saying that the owners were discussing what to do. Then the "Manager, Paul" came to our table and said that he was told to just tell us the same thing. That they could do nothing.

We expressed our dissatisfaction and said that we thought the owner making this decision should have at least come to our table to talk and deliver this news himself. I got tired of the manager, Paul explaining over and over what was going on and ruining our dinner. So I finally said, "just do what you think is best so we can enjoy this meal".

Bottom line - they never did a thing. No discount on our meal, no crab legs, no gift certificate, NO NOTHING. Goes to show you how much they value their customers. It was not our fault that their menu had an error. After this occurred and our waitress took our dinner plates away; she never once came back to fill our water glasses, or offer a coffee or tea.

Overall a bad management team run this establishment, and we should have gone to GOLF's steakhouse where they know how to really treat their customers. Go somewhere else... so you wont be disappointed.

P.S - they could also use some new steak knives!!

• Visited September 2012