“Great family suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Prince of Wales Drive, Regina, Saskatchewan S4Z 1A4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Regina
“Great family suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

For a family of 5 it would be hard to beat this hotel for value and roominess. The two bedroom suite had plenty of room for luggage and hanging out and much less expensive than two rooms. Clean and nicely decorated as well. Definitely recommend for families with more than 4 people.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Victoria, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I visit cities all over the country to deliver workshops. I always try to find a suite that's close to town. I also like to ensure the living room area in a suite is large enough so we can look at the presentation on a TV screen and everyone can sit in comfortable living room furniture. I also stay in the attached bedroom for my own stay. I hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn before but after my visit in Regina I'm going to always put this hotel at the top of my list. First, the room I had (which was an executive suite) had a large dining table and lots of extra chairs for the workshop attendees. The room was comfortable, surrounded by lots of restaurants, and close to town. The staff offered great customer service too. This was by far the best hotel I've ever used for a workshop. I am hoping all the Holiday Inns have such awesome executive suites in other cities because I plan to book a lot more stays. Thank you Holiday Inn for helping to make my workshop a success! Also, I should mention to business travelers that the executive suites here have TVs that allow you to plug in your laptop. Not all hotels allow this because of some complicated pay-for-cable thing. Thankfully, the Holiday Inn had regular cable and regular TVs. It was much better than needing to use a projector in the room.

Room Tip: Executive suites are large and great for meetings!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Port Byron, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The rooms were nice. I did notice that there were some different upgrades between my room and the persona that I traveled with. I hope all of the rooms are fully updated but all-in-all, the rooms were very clean and accommodating.

I would love to see a more robust workout facility as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I travel for business I don't rent a vehicle, so I judge a location by its walkability. With a major event on in Regina I had to lodge on the east side of the city with no availability downtown.

I wasn't expecting much from the Holiday Inn given it was one of the options left in a fully booked city. I was impressed. The desk clerks were friendly, the lobby was clean and the room was really comfortable. I was really impressed with the bedding, the tv - and the channel selection. Many hotels charge for premium channels but there was a wide range here.

The adjoining restaurant was a Perkins. It seems wildly overpriced what it was - $13 for a typical breakfast by the time you order a coffee. I went for dinner with no real other walkable options and was less impressed with the quality to price ratio.

There was no lounge in the hotel per se - so nowhere to relax at the end of a long day. There was an attached bar but it didn't look business woman friendly.

So for those with a vehicle it's a good spot for a great price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SASKATOON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here for a volleyball tournament. Check in was quick and clerk very polite and courteous. Hotel very clean and rooms are large and also clean. Location is great as there are restaurants and grocery stores nearby for anything you need. The beds are the most comfortable that I have every slept in in a hotel and fantastic pillows. The only drawback is that there is no continental breakfast, but that is the only drawback to this hotel. Girls really enjoyed the pool and waterside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Estevan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It was clean, the staff did a very good job. the policies of the hotel however, were not impressive. I was there for work, but was not allowed to check in without a 320$ deposit that would have come off my credit or debit card, even tho the company was paying for the room. the pool was mediocre and there was no water coming out the slide, which was pretty small.
Perkins was very handy, as was a Browns Social House down the street. the place is absolute animal free. they even had a sign that you could be fined 300$ for a pet. I would not stay there on my own.

Room Tip: there is more parking in the back, so go with an odd room number.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear winenroses65,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our deposit policy. We will look into this point. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Do not make a reservation with this Hotel unless you are prepared to pay for the room even if you should have to cancel.. We tried to cancel our reservations and still was charged a hefty sum months later on our credit card. They are extremely crooked in the way they run their business. When we tried to call and resolve the issue, the Manager Ria was very adamant about not refunding us and took sides with her staff rather than with the customers. When we cancelled the room they STILL charged our Credit Card for it.. As far as I am concerned they are thief's! We would have been booking a lot more dates ads this hotel was very convenient but will most definitely be looking for another hotel to stay in. One that actually appreciates their customers. Be careful of silent charges to your card!!!! They will rip you off and steal from you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HIHS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Dolli975,

We appreciate you leaving a feedback about our hotel. I just want to explain that we do not charge our guests if they cancel unless they booked non refundable advance purchase reservations. For normal reservations, if you have canceled your room before 6pm on the day of arrival and can give us proof of your cancellation number, we will definitely not charge you. However, if you've guaranteed your reservation with your credit card and did not show up or have failed to give us a cancellation number, then you will definitely be charged. If you need any other information, you may also check our website for our cancellation policy.

Management
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina? Share your experiences!