“Nice Amenities, But Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Prince of Wales Drive, Regina, Saskatchewan S4Z 1A4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Regina
Prince Albert, Canada
“Nice Amenities, But Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Recently spent three nights at this hotel. Chose it primarily based on a previous stay at Holiday Inn Saskatoon, which was a very pleasant experience. We checked in Friday night and went out to run some errands on Saturday morning. Returned around 7pm to find that our key cards wouldn't open the door. We returned to the front desk and explained the situation. The clerk just eyed us suspiciously and requested our photo ID. He rescanned our cards and returned them without an explanation, apology, or even a smile. Not a very pleasant exchange.

We returned to the room to find that the room had not been cleaned. We went out again and noted it at the front desk. They said it would be cleaned on Sunday. So, we went out Sunday morning, returning late afternoon to find yet again, that housekeeping still had not paid our suite a visit.

We checked out Monday am, and the clerk asked how the stay was. I told her about the lack of room service and she just offered a puzzled look and mentioned that it was 'too bad'. I felt this was unacceptable service considering that we had spent over $400 there. Have to admit, this is the first really negative experience I've had at a hotel, and I've stayed at quite a few. Unfortunate, because it really is a very nice hotel. The service didn't match the image though

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night on our Christmas pilgrimage to her parents. We punched the address into our GPS and as a result had an amazing tour of Regina. It's much easier to find if you just go to the corner of the T-Can and Prince of Wales. So funny that the GPS took us off the T-Can and into some residential neighbourhoods before turning us the wrong way on Prince of Wales.....anyway the front desk staff who answered my call got us turned around and we found the place no problem. I would say when you get there to confirm your room type when you check in. We arrived late and I gave no thought to it when we were directed to our room. When we opened the door however we found it to be a smoking room. I didn't even know those existed anymore. A quick phone call and a trip back to the lobby and it was all worked out for us. Our room had a bit of traffic noise as it is on the corner of two main roads but we were able to sleep through it. If you are a light sleeper try and get a room on the side facing Eastgate Dr (the view of the parking lot won't be great, but it will be quiter) We had a great breakfast at the attached Perkins and were on our way. It wasn't a long stay but the rooms were clean, the beds comfy and the parking free. Really what more do you need for a one night road trip stay?

Room Tip: Just remember to confirm your smoking or non-smoking preference when you check in. A simple thing re...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Clean comfortable hotel, pretty much what you expect from a Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, albeit I believe the hall way carpet needs a 'refresh' as it's dark and makes the hall ways feel heavy. My room (233) carpet was showing a bit of wear too, plus the wi-fi speeds were very slow. That aside, the rooms are clean, spacious and bed was comfy. The hot tub worked great and the hotel staff was very friendly. Hotel location is about 7 minutes from down town Regina, so keep that in mind when booking. All things considered, a decent place to rest.

Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Comfortable room
Fitness room too small - even though there were free weights - hardly any room to use them
Wireless internet connection slow, expecially at night when many users are on.
Staff friendly and accomodating.
Can't rate this one above other Holiday Inns I've been in - which have been many in the USA this year.

boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I don't have anything to fault this hotel about, other than I wish it had room service. There's no in-hotel restaurant, just a connection to the Perkins Restaurant next door. That means no breakfast express that you get with a hotel that has its own kitchen or in-room dinner when you arrive late at night and want a quick meal before bed.

A plus is that they have a deal with cab companies where they split the cost of the taxi ride to the airport--I haven't run into that before, and I think it's a great service they provide. It wasn't 50-50, but was still a good deal. Staff and service were good, so was my room. My 3 stars is no criticism, just that I think it's a fine choice, but not one to get excited about.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Georgetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

clean and the front desk staff is very courteous and professional.
When I called down for a wake up call, they immediately answered.

the room is quiet, clean and well kept. there is a microwave and small fridge in case you have leftovers from the pub.

I like the labels on the pillows indicating 'soft' and 'firm'.

Internet was a bit slower that I am used to, but still usable.

the pub next door (sorry I dont remember the name) had very good food and reasonable prices, but the service is a bit slow, so if you are not in a rush, its worth checking out. Someone one table order ordered a pizza and this large pizza shows up which looked freshly made and smelled great. too bad I had my order in already.

Estevan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

The room was clean and spacious, the only bad thing was the TV was small.The staff was friendly and well organized.The parking was good and the place is easy to find and right across from a Tim Horton's.Was a little scared after reading the reviews but it exceeded expections.I would stay here again for sure.My girls enjoyed the pool and hot tub.It is small but good enough for small kids.I was impressed as was my family.Definetly a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina? Share your experiences!