“Great atmosphere, good food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 473 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Regina, SK, Canada
“Great atmosphere, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This restaurant is in a big old building that is currently undergoing major remodeling. he kitchen was still not finished, but that they had a good menu of soup, sandwiches, salads and combinations.

My friend and I ordered the arugula salad. It sounded delicious, and it was. But, be warned, you do not want to take a hungry man there for a salad. It was smaller than any main course salad I have ever had anywhere, about the size of a mid-size side salad, and it was not cheap.

We did happen to see the cook when we left as she was making a sandwich, and it looked pretty hearty. Once the kitchen is finished, I'm sure the menu will improve, but I'm not sure I'll be back for lunch due to the prices and the size of the portions.

As an aside, the gift shop was really fun to look around and had all handmade items from local artisans, and there was an art gallery beside that. Unfortunately, when I got home, I had to eat again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Regina, Canada
“What?? Really??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We showed up at 7pm new years Eve, wanting supper, and were turned away due to the forthcoming celebrations of New Years..... the venue was literally EMPTY!!! We won't ever be back!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Regina
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This great little restaurant/bar/music venue is located on 11th ave, just across from the old #1 Firehall (between Osler & Halifax). I dropped in for lunch on recommendation of a friend and was pleasantly surprised.

The menu is small at present (the waiter told me they were still working on the kitchen, including the installation of a woodfired pizza oven). The first time I went I had the soup & sandwich combo ($12) with a wonderful short rib sandwich and parnip soup. The sandwich is served on a terrific fresh, light bun and fresh garnishes. I was a little skeptical about the soup but gave it a try and I'm glad I did. Although it was a cream soup it was light and tasty. Parsnip soup! Who knew?

I've gone back a couple more times for lunch and had a couple of different sandwiches along with their delicious home made soups. Service is a tad slow and in the winter I would advise sitting in the venue area because it can be a little chilly sitting out front with people coming & going.

The place is clean; the food is great and the staff are pleasant young people. I haven't gone there for supper so can';t comment on that but for a downtown lunch it can't be beat!

• Visited January 2013