“Almost an "Excellent"...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel and Suites Regina

Save Saved
You added Sandman Hotel and Suites Regina to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel and Suites Regina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Victoria Ave East, Regina, Saskatchewan S4N6E6, Canada   |
Ranked #20 of 27 hotels in Regina
Winnipeg, Canada
“Almost an "Excellent"...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was wavering between giving this review a "very good" or an "excellent" rating and finally decided I couldn"t give it an excellent because not every thing was perfect, but it was pretty darn close! I just spent two nights at this hotel and upon check-in was upgraded to a king suite with a pull-put sofa. The room was very spacious and came with a good sized mini fridge and microwave, coffee table, work desk chair and LCD TV. Spacious bathroom also. The Bed was VERY comfortable and the bedding was clean and fluffy. Very polite staff. FREE WIFI.
Now for the picky bits. My shower faucet was VERY difficult to turn off...it kept dripping and leaking a small stream of water. Also my key card kept getting erased for some odd reason so I had to keep going back to the front desk from the 4th floor to get it reprogrammed!
The pool and hot tub was very nice and since I used it mid-day I had the whole place to myself!
The attached Dennys Restaurant is convenient, especially for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked a King suite with a king bed and a pull-out for 3 adults & 2 kids. When we got here they gave us a room with 2 doubles. When I asked how we were going to fit us all the response was "we'll we're giving you a lower rate". They didn't even have a second room for us to rent that was non-smoking. Apparently they can take a reservation, they just can't keep a reservation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We checked into this hotel at 9 pm. The lobby was really horrible smelling and the two people behind the check in counter had a hard time answering my questions. However the lobby smelled a lot better in the morning and the check out staff were really polite and knowledgeable. The room was nothing special. I would never stay at this property nor would I recommend it to any one. I paid $129 dollars for one night and that was a sale price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This week we had the pleasure of enjoying the amenities at this hotel.
The pool was very clean, the hot tub was hot hot hot, and the gym was nice.
When I arrived there was a lady with many bracelets working. She was one of the most polite front desk agents I have ever met. After my long horrible drive just to get to the city, She was so smiling and cheerful that I was extra glad to be arriving at the Sandman.
My bed was SUPER soft. After I stripped away the dated bedspread I found the bed sheets were very stiff and rough. The linens could benefit from being updated.
My room had some water damage in the corner of the roof that could be easily fixed by maintenance. As well as the carpeting in the stairwell to the pool was in great need of steam cleaning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed 5 nights on law firm business trip in "King" suite. Nothing king about it. It is a standard room carved into the worlds smallest apartment. No room to move anywhere. Parking is brutal, Victoria ave is one way when you leave, horribly inconvenient. No service from front desk staff at any time of day. Hotel was hot 23 degrees, room heat control did not work. Called front desk and was told to open window. Window was stuck shut. Hotel constructed out of cardboard could hear plumbing and pop machine noises and neighbors above us. Bathroom caulking old and discolored and very tiny vanity. Iron spray feature did not function. Iron was the cheapest thing Ive ever seen. Definetely not King Suite calibre. Hotel rooms and common areas in need of renovation and update. Harsh towels and soaps. Do NOT be douped by the name KING or SUITE because neither apply. No free food or water bottles. This has been our first and last Sandman stay. Wife says it is 2 out of 10 overall as well.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the King Suite for $194+tax. I booked the hotel online and when I got there they had no idea I had a reservation. They couldnt find our names so I told them the confirmation number and they said it was invalid because the online numbers were different. The girl at the front desk was rude and rattled off her rehearsed speech.

There was hair in in tub and in the top cover of our King sized bed. I found a dirty towel in the kitchenette and food left in the fridge from a previous guests! The tv wouldn't change the channel and the other tv wouldn't let us pick movies. When telling them about these problems at check out they told us the movies on the tv weren't working and oops sorry about everything else.

We stay in a lot of hotels and this is by far the worst. Especially for the King Suite I am terrified of knowing what a standard room looks like. We will never stay at a Sandman Hotel again. For the same price we could of stayed at the Holiday Inn and had a jacuzzi tub, his and her sinks, working TV and above all a CLEAN room!

• Stayed April 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've stayed here many times with work.

The hotel is nice and has a lot of shopping and restaurants in the area. There is a Moxie's attached.

The rooms are nice and clean. I've always had a mini-suite. (With fridge and microwave). The hotel beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Sandman Hotel and Suites Regina? Share your experiences!