“Fantastic food, music LOUD” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 473 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Lancaster Taphouse, a home away from home, an upscale den of gastro delights, strong drink and bewildering entertainment. There’s a relentless kind of craziness that hovers in the air here. So relax, enjoy yourself, and above all….. Don’t Panic!
Regina, Canada
“Fantastic food, music LOUD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

About 15 of us went to hear a friend sing. The service was VERY good. The food fantastic. I mean really good but the music was so loud even the waiter misheard what I ordered. Will go back though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Regina, Canada
“I can recommend this place for their food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our lunch food was good but the waitress seemed distracted and inattentive. At the end of our meal we asked for the bill to be separated and the leftovers for one of our party to be boxed. We received the separated bill but the leftovers were discarded. The waitress did redeem herself by providing a smaller version of the same meal as a replacement. Even though it was not at all busy at the time, I found the atmosphere a bit noisy.

Visited February 2013
“Really not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Service was OK but the food was mediocre to poor. By way of example, one person at our table ordered "English Style Beef Stew" topped with garlic mashed potatoes. There was one lone piece of beef in the stew.

We also made a point of phoning ahead to see if children are welcome and we were told that they are indeed welcome. However, there really was not much in the way of "kid friendly" items on the menu. Ours had "chicken fingers" but I think they were cutlets that had been cut into strips and they were cooked such that they were very crunchy.

Also, we were there for supper and we were seated well before 6:00 p.m. The music was so loud that it was not possible to carry on a conversation. I could maybe see loud music once the supper hour is done and the lounge crowd has arrived, but not at supper time.

We won't be going back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saskatchewan
“Disappointed the second time as well.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

First time there my husband and a friend ordered the Beef stew. Looked very good with a golden crust on top. My husband was the lucky one - he got quite a few pieces of meat but our friend only got one! We decided to give it another go. Just the two of us this time. I ordered a hamburger. When the cook scooped up the meat patty he must have taken every bit of grease with it and plunked on the bun. It was so soggy and greasy it couldn't be picked up and I had no desire to eat it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Regina
“Love Lancaster!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We live close to Lancaster Taphouse and go probably once a week and we LOVE it! They have unique takes on dishes and they are very appealing! If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be their Corn Chowder. Our favorite entrees are probably the Chicken & Root Pizza and the Satsuma Chicken. I love the atmosphere - the music is great but not too loud, the seating is well arranged and the decor feels classy yet comfortable. The servers are always so friendly and helpful! We've never had a bad experience there. Great independent restaurant and so well executed. We'll see you next week!

• Visited January 2013