“Best Italian food in Regina!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 450 restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This place is amazing! Best Italian food in the whole of Regina. They have been open for 4 months and immigrated from Italy 6 months ago. I wish we had found them sooner I feel like we have missed out! Love this place please add so I can write a review! Thanks:)
Regina, Canada
“Best Italian food in Regina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I went for lunch to Taste of Tuscany with a couple of friends. The décor is reminiscent of a quaint Italian bistro. The service is great, with genuinely friendly and knowledgeable staff (who speak Italian to each other!). We were served a basket of fresh bread while we waited for our meals. It was so delicious, I could've eaten an entire basket myself!

I had the gnocchi with marinara sauce. The gnocchi was made that morning, and you could tell. I've never had gnocchi that fresh - it was the best gnocchi I've ever had. I was a little nervous ordering it for lunch, as I didn't want to have anything really heavy. The dumplings were light and the portion size was perfect.

If I had to find fault with Taste of Tuscany for anything, it would be for not having separate menus for lunch and dinner. The prices are a little steep for lunch (~$20 per person). I would prefer to see less expensive options for lunch - perhaps smaller portions of the entrees with a small side salad. In any case, I will definitely return to Taste of Tuscany (maybe try take-out or delivery options) and reluctantly try something other than the gnocchi!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Regina, Canada
“Lovely 1st try at Taste of Tuscany!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Went for a birthday dinner to Taste of Tuscany with family. Its in a nice old house with some private-ish rooms for dining. Wasn't too please with the first glance of the menu, standard looking spagetti, lasagne, pizza and calzones. Few varieties of sauce, but the typical tomato-meat, rose and cream sauce. Nothing jumped out at me that looked like a great thing to try. Decided on the calzone (at $18.95) I might add....with no side of any kind. Salads are separate here....

HOWEVER, the bread that comes complimentary with your meal was homemade, as everything else is, and was wonderful. Although the items on the menu were typical, the flavor and care in making them were not. My expensive calzone turned out to be delicious, and my husband's spagetti turned out to be the best I've tasted in Regina (and I'm very picky with spagetti sauce). All the pasta was cooked a proper al dente, which is a nice change in Regina. While there was no kids menu our 2 year old loved the pasta and calzone too...so that was good as we were worried! They did have a high chair though which was great. Had tiramisu for desert and it was great, would even go back just for coffee and desert.

Service was fantastic, very small family run business. One of the people in our party loved the fresh bread so much our server brought her a full loaf to take home, at no cost.

Although I'd like to see more variety on the menu, this was a great meal and we'll be back for sure!

• Visited March 2012