“Disgusting, disappointed and dissatisfied” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #243 of 461 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Angkor established in Regina about 8 years ago I think. It probably seats about 100 people, and also does a high volume take-out from my experience.
“Disgusting, disappointed and dissatisfied”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews unless something is exceptionall good or exceptionally bad and unfortunately tonight's experience falls under the "exceptionally bad" category. Truly the worst culinary experience I have had in my life! My husband and I had read a review in the Leader Post that said how amazing and wonderful the food was and after tonight I want to sue them for false advertising! we called ahead to place our order for take out which included the green curry with rice for me and combo A (fried rice, spring roll, chicken balls, stir fry veggies, sweet and sour pork) for my husband plus a side of "ginger fried beef". The Ginger fried beef had absolutely no ginger in it and was tough to chew and stringy as if it had been cooked yesterday and just reheated. The color of the meat inside was a dark purple/red. The veggies has been smothered in a disgusting corn starch sauce that I liken to the look of snot with enough garlic to ward off any vampires for at least 100 years.The spring rolls had obviously been sitting there for some time as they were soggy with grease and not hot. Before i could attempt to eat it I needed to take a paper towel and squeeze out the oil. The fried rice was tasteless and the chicken balls were 90% batter. My green chicken curry was an embarrassment to Thailand and as I skimmed the thick layer of oil off the top of it I hoped that all was not lost, boy was I wrong! There was absolutely no curry flavor and the little black bits floating in it from the dirty wok it was cooked in weren't even the worst part. My chicken had gristle attached and the eggplant had been pre-fried so it tasted of oil and was over-cooked. The pre-bagged frozen peas and carrots in my curry were the highlight of this meal. Needless to say, We will NEVER GO BACK! Save your money! This place isn't worth the garbage bag I used to throw that disgusting crap away in!

Regina
“Great Asian Food You Can Depend On...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We frequently order take-out from Angkor, but were celbrating a special occasion last weekend with friends. As usual, the food was excellent! It arrived at the table promptly and HOT! There was more than enough food and the service was great! Highly recommended!!

• Visited March 2012