“Great Food, be sure to visit this great restaurant!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

(306) 949-8228
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: German
Description: "Homemade authentic german food. Something for everyone".
Description: "Homemade authentic german food. Something for everyone".
Alberta
“Great Food, be sure to visit this great restaurant!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This restaurant is wonderful. Great Food, Great Service, Great Atmosphere. We were treated to this restaurant by family and what a wonderful treat is was. We had the veal schnitzel entree (both kinds ordered were very good) which we upgraded to include the borsch (for $2.00) -- excellent decision making as it was very good borsch. We ordered the Black Forest Cake and the Apple Strudel and both were a very large portion -- you may want to share these desserts depending on what you order for your entree. We saw the cabbage rolls at another table and they looked very good. Service was great and the waitress was very knowledgable. We were told the majority of the food served here is made from scratch. I suggest making a reservation because they do cater to special groups if they have requests. They do keep some seating available for walk-in customers but a reservation will guarantee you get in.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Regina, SK
“Something different in Regina...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have been to the Bavarian Forest several times this year (for lunch, dinner and just for a few drinks with collegues) and each time it is very good. It is nice to have something a little different in Regina to choose from. The food is very good and appears to be all made from scratch. The German beer on tap is fabulous.

I was lucky enough, several years ago, to live in Germany and I find the food at Bavarian Forest to be just like the "home-made" meals I used to get when I lived there.

I highly recommend this place!

• Visited October 2011