“Friendly Service and Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Regina

You added Ramada Plaza Regina to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Regina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1818 Victoria Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan S4P OR1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Regina
Saskatoon, Canada
“Friendly Service and Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this Hotel and found the location and close proximity to downtown was just what we were looking for. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient and check in was very quick. The renovations are amazing and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Dear pearls27,

I wanted to share that we did read your review and take all comments from our valued guest’s to heart and we want to make sure they understand we value the feedback. Your kind words have been reviewed with our team and we really do appreciate that service and location are vital as well as our excellent amenities for our guest’s to enjoy and keep calling us a destination of choice.

All my best

306-569-7476

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed two nights in one of the "business class" rooms which are accessed by a key card from the elevators. After staying in a regular room and being disappointed, I was looking forward to something a little more special, and was excited about the additional room features that are advertised on the website. I was left disappointed once more. Firstly a continental breakfast was promised on the floor for guests of business class rooms. My husband went out to take a look and returned empty handed as the only options were a couple of oranges or strawberry yogurt. With the promise of a continental breakfast I was expecting a selection of pastries, cold meats, cheeses, fresh juices etc. The rooms are also supposed to have bathrobes, we only had one instead of two. A nightly turndown service is also advertised on the website, we didn't receive this either night. A 50 inch plasma tv was promised and our tv was no more than 32 inches. There was no refrigerator in our room as promised or a dvd player. I also inquired about late checkout as this was another feature I was interested in and part of the reason I booked one of the signature rooms. I was told that they normally charge for check out after noon. This is quite misleading to the Ramada Regina website where they advertise late checkout (until 3pm) upon request. Maybe I didn't ask early enough?? The most disappointing thing however, was that I could not get a good night's sleep as I was in town on business. One side of the bed seemed fine and the other side dipped toward the middle. It felt like I was sleeping on a steep hill. When I stayed here earlier this year in a regular room, my bed was also broken and so I had to change rooms, so I did not expect this from what is supposed to be an "upgraded" "signature" room. The decor was old as was the bathroom a weird green/brown colour with some stains on the bath, although the room did appear clean enough. The lobby, bar and meeting facilities have been well upgraded but the rooms do not match. I understand they are still going through upgrades and from previous comments I see they are expecting new room furniture in July, but there is no signs up, no warning when you book to say you will be staying in a shabby room. I think they are trying to do a good job, but are missing the boat when it comes to the guest rooms. The good things were: the in room keurig machine, bottled water, the lobby and bar area. Staff were friendly enough as well, except the guy in the bar, he was rude and we were going to stay for food but ended up going across the street - which I wouldn't recommend either!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you want a comfortable bed!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear 857BettyC,

I want to thank-you for taking the time to write and post a Trip Advisor response relating to your most recent stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina. We truly value all our guests’ comments and opinions and we do listen and plan to make the positive changes our guest’s ask for. The great news is your comments are being addressed and in July of this year we start a large scale renovation plan to install new guest room furnishings, hallway décor, amenities to our guest rooms that our guest expect too such as fridges and microwaves will be added. We are also replacing all in-room heating and AC units to personal climate controlled to enhance the guest stay. Plus a significant amount of perfect touches to enhance our hotel even more. But one thing we will keep doing and not change is allowing our amazing staff to be the best feature we have. Our staff are what makes staying at the Ramada Plaza the perfect fit for our guests and we are very proud of each and every one of them for how they make you and all our guests feel & smile.

Thank-you once again and all my best

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The staff here were great , you ask the helped and even aticipated your request. The rooms were clean but the bed I had was curved to the middle.. Tried to sleep on the edge but had to hold on . Food was good and they even fixed a parking ticket for me in their lot..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear drjbb,

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment regarding our Ramada Plaza Regina. We truly appreciate your valued guest’s feedback and we definitely listen and act in a quick and professional nature. I also wanted to let you know that the bed in your guest room had a misplaced support ad it was rectified the very next morning. Thank-you for letting us know as we do need these comments to keep us one of the best hotels in Regina for our guest’s to enjoy.

All my Best

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Arrived early at about 12:30p and despite my husband's calling the day before for an early check-in, they didn't provide it. That set the tone not well. Place is pretty enough. The restaurant was nice and they were pretty fast. Room were nice, had Keurig coffee makers in them. Have a business room that you must enter with your key and depart if you are 'seen' by the camera.

When it came time to go, my husband had ordered a taxi about an hour before we needed it (8:30 was when we needed it). We finished our breakfast, brought our luggage down and NO TAXI. We waited 15 more minutes, NO TAXI. I went back in and requested he call another service. Finally one came and in fact 3 came. We were sped to the airport.... all unnecessary if the taxi driver would have come when first called. We were not pleased.

Room Tip: No knowledge that one is any better than the other.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Diane KAKF,

The most important way to start this response is we are sorry, truly we are. We have an agreement with local taxi companies to have pre-booked taxis made available and for some reason beyond our control they sometimes chose other fares. But I do not take that lightly may I say. we have a few choices in Regina and trust me to continue to deliver our amazing customer service we want our guest to have a worry free departure as well. I have personally raised your issue with the Taxi company and they have promised to improve service levels. On another point thank-you also for the very kind rating you gave to our Ramada Plaza Regina all 4’s and 5’s makes us all smile even more.

All my best and please stay in touch as well

Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Beautiful newly renovated lobby, however the upper hallway and our room was quite outdated. Get rid of the orange colour in the halls!!! Staff were amazing. We came in from a very long day of travelling and they were so friendly! I wouldn't stay here again due to the quality of the room itself. The neighbourhood also felt rough. We were nervous walking down the street with some tough looking characters!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Oceanlover1987,

Firstly, I love your Trip Advisor user name after all who doesn’t love a gorgeous sunset over the ocean, yes I am an ocean lover as well. Thank-you for taking the time to allow us to be rated by yourself a valued guest of the Ramada Plaza Regina. I noted your concern over our hallway color choice and I must tell you that they were just painted last year completely. But we do listen to our guest’s feedback and yes we do act as they see fit. The great news is we are re-painting the guest room hallways this year as our guest’s have not enjoyed our color choice and we want to show them that we agree. Combined with our hallway renovation we are completing a huge undertaking in July in which we will have 102 guest rooms receive new furnishings, artwork, lamps and of course more ergonomic seating configurations. This will allow us to have the newest guest rooms in all of Regina. Plus we are then completing the entire guest rooms in December once the furniture has arrived as we placed the order for the second phase of our complete guest room renovation and it is slated to arrive as stated in December. So what does all that mean to our amazing current guest’s and future guests of our hotel, a brand new complete hotel for you to enjoy and as always we still have the best staff you could ever want to take care of you when you travel to our fine city.

We look forward to your next stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina

306-569-7476

Been to Ramada Plaza Regina? Share your experiences!