“Poor value for money staff was horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Regina

You added Ramada Plaza Regina to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Regina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1818 Victoria Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan S4P OR1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Regina
“Poor value for money staff was horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada wile attending a Roughriders game. We paid a large sum of money for the rooms and the shower wouldn't work whatsoever. Upon complaining upon checkout the woman said you need to pull the knob out aggressively to make it work. Told her that I pulled so hard that I was worried that it would rip off the wall. Paid full price for the room. I won't be back!

• Stayed September 2013
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Derek 1975,

The next day after I read your concern on Trip Advisor we went to the guest room and the stem was fairly easy to use, unfortunately it seems that you were trying to pull the stem up as it actually slides east to west, sorry but it was fairly easy to use. I am truly sorry as I can see how we are used to pulling north and south on the stem to activate the showers but ours are not that style. I also confirmed that our housekeepers check the showers daily and have to utilize them so they can clean the area also, just to ensure they are operating efficiently as we do with a few items in each guest room.

Please let me know when you are back in Regina and I will gladly offer you a nice upgrade as we do appreciate all comments from our valued guests

306-569-7476

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have guaranteed a booking with my credit card for a colleague of mine that was coming from Cuba to attend a business meeting, but she was intended to pay in arrival the whole stay in cash ( there are not credit card in Cuba) and the hotel didn't accommodated her. I have called the hotel several times ( long distance calls!!) and I was put on hold for more than 10 minutes to solve the situation. That was unethical and not helpful , the whole experience for me and my colleague was as if we were not in Canada , for God sake! Not understanding at all. Besides go to Ramada site and try to book a stay for someone coming from Cuba. Cuba is not listed among the countries that can book in those hotels, is Cuba part of our world or not? Shame on you Ramada, not anymore, I'm a Canadian citizen and I will share this experience with all my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mariela 519,

I am really sorry about this serious concern during your booking time with us in September. You are right we need to have Cuba added to the Ramada World Wide web-site which I have already sent your comment to them as that is a concern as we have guests from all over the world at any giving time and they are just as important to us as our own family. I believe that you were speaking with our central reservation office and I know that our own staff would gladly helped during this trying time. I am truly sorry but I promise we do listen and when you read all the reviews our Staff service is the thing our guest’s rave the most about our hotel. As promised I have passed the comments on regarding the web-site which I thank-you for as it was missed and that is not acceptable, you are correct.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our entire weekend in Regina for the Labor Day Classic except the Wrong team won the Football game. The Hotel Staff were awesome the Rooms we had were great, House keeping did an awesome job and front desk staff were very pleasent and helpful. Really enjoyed the exercise Pool area and would recommend it to family and friends. We have been coming to the Labor Day Classic for the Last 11 years and are really glad we found the Ramada to stay at. WiFi reception was excellent anywere we wanted to connect No problems with T.V. receptions or my Laptop while we were there Overall a very enjoyable weekend. I know we will be back next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have outstanding view of the city and are quieter!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear George,

Thank-you for your very positive review of our Ramada Plaza Regina during your recent trip to our city. I am sorry the Riders won that one, but as you are aware your team equaled the score and won the next weekend in Winnipeg. Please stay in touch and enjoy the fall as its already upon us.

Coquitlam, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here over the Labour Day weekend to see the Riders game. The game was awesome, but unfortunately, we were disappointed with the rooms we got for the price we paid per night. The first room, a wheelchair accessible room, although very quiet was in dire need of TLC: very outdated bathroom, water stains on the ceiling, no desk, and poor Wifi. (We had to huddle near the door for any kind of signal.) That room cost is $179. The staff were good to switch us to a different room for the second night. The room was much nicer, but the TV reception was poor and the we were still huddling at the door for Wifi. The bathroom tub needs replacing. Room price: $170. Parking is also extra. The positives: location of the hotel is excellent, the staff are really helpful, and the common areas are really beautiful due to recent renovations. The negatives: the rooms need a serious upgrade for the price point they are demanding, wifi service is inconsistent, and little things like litter pick up in the parking lot and room service dishes in the hallway sit around for a long time. The devil is in the details, and although the staff are awesome, they can only do so much with this tired hotel to justify their prices.

Stayed September 2013
Dear Wandering Traveller,

I read your comments and I am very happy to say we just completed a complete upgrade to our Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel. We currently offer industry leading free Wi-Fi for all guest’s in our hotel to enjoy. The time you were staying with us we were in the middle of that process but it is now done and our guest’s are enjoying it, I promise. I am sorry you did not enjoy the guest room area of your hotel room, we are in the process of the next important phase of our renovations and guest rooms are top of mind but I must tell you that we have made numerous enhancements to the rooms already with more to come. Your comments regarding our staff are so important for us too, we need to here all the guest’s perception of our hotel to allow us to operate at a higher level each and every day, for this I thank-you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

Yorkton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE UPSET the price was AWESOME the staff was AWESOME the food was AMAZING underground parking a pool what more can you ask for, housekeeping was OUTSTANDING my room was so clean thanks a lot ramada plaza in regina you guys rock I will refer this place to all family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear buck w,

Your review of our Ramada Plaza Regina was AWESOME !!! We appreciate your kind words but please do understand we need some constructive criticism too. Any guest feedback either positive or constructive is valuable and allows us to show our guest’s we listen, care and act on any issues they may encounter.

Flin Flon, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights mid week to take in the Paul MaCartney concert. Hotels were at a premium and the Ramada made the most of it at $177 a night for a less than two star over tired hotel that just wasn't worth $100 a night. Our room was probably the smallest we have ever stayed in and felt more like a closet. There was no small fridge but they wouldn't have know where to put it. Their electrical outlets are in need of a serious upgrade. The hotel desk and lobby staff had no idea of how to give directions and there where no maps or tourist information available. The food and restaurant areas were empty and uninviting. Pool was dated. Would avoid at all cost.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear dartnut, ,

I must start by saying how sorry we are that we fell short of your expectations during your latest visit to the Ramada Plaza Regina. We do fully understand that you did endure some issues and we do review each and every guest’s concerns and act on them instantly. We have reviewed the issues you have noted with our housekeeping team and I assure you that it is reminded the importance of exceeding the guest’s expectations each and every time.

306-569-7476

Been to Ramada Plaza Regina? Share your experiences!