“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina

You added Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina to your Saves list
Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2125 Victoria Ave., Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 0S3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Regina
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, AB
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Certainly this hotel has historic charm. Overall, the hotel is clean, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The downtown location is lovely. The rooms seem to be on the smaller side. If you're looking for a new Westin or Hyatt, this isn't it.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I'm a native of Regina that no longer lives in the province. I've been in many hotels in Regina for business events and stayed in a fair number. This is the best hotel in Regina by far - I cannot believe some of the mediocre reviews below! We stayed there again this past month after our airline cancelled our flight back home. I called the hotel in advance and was able to get a very early check in after I explained our situation. When we got there we were warmly greeted, and check in was very smooth. We were able to check in with work using their free wifi, have a leisurely breakfast in their great restaurant (buffet - highlight for me was their granola with yogurt and blackberries) and went for a workout in their gym. The gym room itself needs a bit of TLC but the equipment is top notch and there are several nautilus machines as well as the usual ellipticals and bikes.

This is an old CPR hotel so it comes with that character and ambienance, which we really enjoy (think victorian with flowery wallpaper, pink curtain vallances, and crown molding). Not dated (nothing faded, worn, etc.), but if you are into modern decor this isn't for you. It is right across from Victoria Park, a beautiful little park in the middle of the city, and within walking distance of many of Regina's shops, restaurants, and Globe Theatre. The beds are the "sleep number" kind - you can adjust each side to your liking, which works for us because I have back problems and prefer a firmer mattress than my husband. Linens are white, soft, and spotless. Bathrooms have lovely bath products to use. As well the room was very quiet - I disagree with the review below about the rooms not having adequate soundproofing. We had an extremely early flight the next day, and were able to check out quickly (checked in early the night before using the business centre to print out our tickets). They had a complimentary "take away" breakfast for early travellers, and the bellmen helped us down the stairs with our heavy luggage to a waiting cab. All in all a very pleasant visit. The only things that I would say could be improved upon in addition to the gym room is having a "gift shop" to purchase essentials (the one that was there previously is being replaced by some sort of patisserie), and to employ some registered massage therapists in the spa (there were apparently none on staff at the time I attempted to book).

Room Tip: Best rooms would be facing Victoria Park.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I travelled to Regina weekly for almost a year and mainly stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and professional. They eventually learned to call me by my first name, which was always a nice bonus. The public spaces and the rooms are kept very clean.

Some criticism of the hotel would include, the sleep number beds. I never found these beds very comfortable, but others did. Most of the floors (I think 5 and 8 were the regular mattress floors) had them. The walls were also very thin (or lacked sound proofing) - the elevator voice ("going up", "going down") can be heard faintly in the rooms near the elevators. The washrooms were also one size (i.e. a bit small) for every room I stayed in, including the suites.

Room Tip: Request for a room on the wings of the hotel - i.e. away from the elevator
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

After an afternoon of shopping in downtown Regina, I decided on going to the Hotel Saskatchewan for a glass of wine. The glass of wine was delicious, as was the soup of the day, which was a creamy potato soup.
When I got to the lounge area, I noticed that the entrance to the lounge had moved. It used to be right close to the bar, and now it is closer to the entrance to the restaurant, a fair distance from the bar. In my opinion, they should of left the entrance where it was originally located. Personally, I would like to be acknowledged by staff when I enter an establishment, and where the entrance is now, unless the server is near the entrance when I arrive, then they won't see me and I won't see them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan while in Regina for a meeting. It is an old but regal hotel located in the heart of Regina. I was greeted by both the bellman and desk agent in a nice and attentive manner. Check-in was smooth and quick, and my preferred room provided to me (highest floor possible). My room was small but cozy, decorated in the royal fashion of days past. I had a beautiful view of the downtown park. Wireless internet was free, though parking did cost $10/night for a surface lot behind the hotel. The room service food was good and very reasonably priced. It is true that noise from the hall could be heard in the room, however this is an old hotel so I was expecting some thin walls. Luckly the hotel was not very busy at the time. The hotel has a fitness club in the basement, complete with exercise machines, hot tub, steam sauna, and infrared dry sauna. Check-out was also smooth and quick, and again I was greeted by both the desk agent and bellman. I did not encounter any problems during my stay. I paid $98/night using some of my Club Carlson points to offset the cost. Usually the cost would be ~$170/night, which is not unreasonable for downtown Regina and the reputation of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel for those traveling on business and adults, however due to the lack of a full pool and other recreation at the hotel, I would suggest families look at alternative accomodations such as the Delta, Ramada, Travelodge, or if willing to stay on the edge of Regina, the Days Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with park view!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed one night. Everything was fine. Room was very clean and had high ceilings. Room had a country style decor - not my style but not a concern for me for a one night stay. Had dinner in the Monarch's lounge. Food was excellent and very affordable. Check in and out was quick. Staff at front desk and at the lounge were friendly. Wi-Fi connection was easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the park
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Saskatoon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I'm writing this as I listen to the slamming hallway doors And the people having conversations in the adjacent rooms. There is absolutely no sound proofing in this hotel. If you are looking for a peaceful nights sleep go elsewhere...anywhere else. If you want to hear every word being discussed by your neighbor...then stay here :)

• Stayed June 2011
aottmann, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
I am sorry to hear your recent stay was not a pleasant experience.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you, if you would provide me with your contact info, I would be happy to give you a call.

Regards,

Anne

Been to Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina? Share your experiences!