“Horrid!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites

You added Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Victoria Avenue East, Regina, Saskatchewan S4N 7A9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Regina
Calgary, Alberta
“Horrid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is horrible. Really stained and dirty carpet in the halls. The bed in our room was a double roll-away that was slanted so my husband almost rolled off. When he sat on the end of the bed to put shoes on the other end lifted right off the floor. They charge an additional $25.00! for pets, the highest rate I have ever seen anywhere. The $6 breakfast voucher is a joke as the least expensive breakfast on the menu at Smitty's is about $12. Would not recommend this place to anyone. It ended up being one of the most expensive places we stayed on a 25 day round-trip from Alberta to Ontario and one of the worst. Yuck!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future.

$6 breakfast at Smitty's includes Coffee, two eggs cooked any style with choice of two pancakes or toast and hash browns. This breakfast combo is very popular among our guests. I am sorry that you saw no value in these items.

$25 pet fee is one on lowest in the city. We regularly compare our pet charges with other hotels, in Regina pet charges ranges from $25 to $45 per stay.

Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Chateau Regina was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience

Thanks

Abdul Sami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Was embarrassed to bring my children into this hotel. The pictures on the website had lulled me into thinking this hotel was clean, comfortable, and basic. The photos show only the best poissible views, and leave out the fact that you are situated beside a seedy bar with people standing outside every evening smoking in the entryway. From the looks of the overcrowded parking lot, this hotel caters to male blue collar workers passing through with their big trucks taking up two spots each. ABSOLUTELY not what I expected. Could not allow my 14 year old and 16 year old to even go to the lobby or the SUV on their own as I felt this hotel had zero level of safety at all. Side doors were unlocked and could not be watched. The pool was closed for the duration of our stay with no discount offered at all. The breakfast inclusive feature was not as advertised. It was $6 off a meal at the Smitty's next door and even though I paid for a family room I still only received 2 vouchers for the breakfast, not the 4 that I needed for my family. Also the voucher said it expired on the day before I left, which then shows I get no free breakfast on the day I arrive or the day I leave. This does not make sense at all, and should be remedied immediately by their staff. We preferred to use the stairs as the elevator was rickety and dirty. We only touched the buttons with our knuckles as they appeared coated in grime. We were very happy when our 4 nights were up. We would have left earlier, but due to needing a pet friendly hotel during a very booked up Exhibition week in Regina, we were stuck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am extremely sorry to know that you did not experience the service that you expected. I do apologize about mix up with breakfast vouchers. If you had been able to tell us when you were still at Chateau Regina Hotel, I could have resolve this and other issues you experienced.

Hotel pool was closed due to renovations, we posted the pool closure information on our website.

Again, I are really sorry for your bad experience with us.

Please contact me directly on 306-551-1389 I would like to extend special offer to you to redeem ourselves.

Yours sincerely,

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The pictures on their website must be from some other hotel because our place did NOT look like this. We booked this room because it allowed pets and had a family suite but most importantly had a pool. The room itself made all 4 of us laugh, the kids room with the bunk beds had no door and the entrance was probably 4 ft. tall. The master bedroom housed the only bathroom which was clean. The king size bed was not a pillow top. Our view was a dirty alley full of garages and people who were pounding on something at night. There is NO couch or living area besides your bedroom. Breakfast included daily is NOT for the entire family only 2 of you and then its only 6.00 per person. But here is my favorite thing. We arrived July 31st and knew the pool was closed until August 1st which was fine by all, then on the 1st a letter appeared on the door of the pool saying closed until the 8th, we were long gone by then. This place is to say the least seedy. I would stay elsewhere after looking around a bit. The staff was not helpful and the side doors were NEVER locked. The parking lot is full which puts you on the street. No security at all and its attached to a bar. I would stay elsewhere for sure, you just dont feel safe or clean.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

It’s only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better. So we appreciate you helping us improve.

Please accept my personal apology for mix up with breakfast vouchers and extension in pool opening date. We are working hard and investing time and money in training of our associates and Managers. We are also starting to renovate our suite rooms to provide more sitting space for our guests. I am hoping to complete all above mentioned improvement by November end of current year.

I hope you will give us another chance to experience the changes. Please call me on 306-551-1389 when you plan your next trip to Regina.

Sarnia, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night on July 03rd as we passed through the area, as my wife booked through hotels.com as the price was right, and reviews seemed decent. Front lobby was fresh, clean and inviting, while our room was clean and decent, although we questioned upon entering the room why the bed covers appeared disheveled. Closer inspection did thankfully reveal fresh sheets.Slept well in this room, but that may have been largely attributed to just being exhausted. This hotel is a little rough around the edges, but certainly did the job. Wasn't aware this hotel served breakfast, so we ended up eating next door at Smittys. The hotel staff hadn't mentioned a location or times during our check in. Parking at this hotel was adequate, although the lot is a little beat up. Overall, I'd probably look elsewhere if I was to visit Regina again. For the money, and for ease of access to the highway, it simply met our basic needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests. We are truly grateful to you for choosing us for your recent stay in Regina. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please note that we are currently working on many projects to upgrade our property. I am certain that you will experience better product next time you visit our property.

I look forward to have you back as a guest of ours.

Thanks,

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Modern "renos" cover up a lot of the old-fashioned aspects of this place (I think it used to be a Travelodge). Carpets should he changed, though. Staff is super nice and helpful. Parking can be a bit of a problem (they need to enforce this, as some bad drivers tend to take up more than one spot). If you book direct (same cost), you can cancel the same day without charge (not possible with booking agents). All in all, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Chateau Regina Hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are going to change hallways carpet by end of October and about 50 guest rooms carpet by end of December 2013.

We hope to serve you again in near future.

Thanks Again,

Groton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My friends and I had just spent the last 4 nights camping, and this hotel was a welcome change in our trip. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The room and bathroom was clean. The front desk staff was friendly, but they didn't have many good suggestions for local restaurants. We just searched for a place to eat. Close to the Trans-Canada highway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guests,

Front Desk associates are now trained to provide information about local restaurants and sites.
Information about local eateries are also available in main lobby.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I feel my stay here was not satisfactory. The pillows were lumpy and seemed as if they were bought from a second hand store. The air conditioning needs to be updated. The shower does not have a consistent temperature. Maintenance claims that there could be others using the water as well. When we asked for more towels, we received them damp. Our bathroom door locked on its own, as well as had a hard time getting out of the bathroom without locking of the door. Was not offered a free breakfast with our stay. We also had to change rooms due to poor air conditioning. Room was not satisfactory when asked to clean while we were out. I am unimpressed and will not be staying in the future...

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us why our service failed to meet your expectations.
We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible.
I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you.
Please know that I have personally investigated all the issues mentioned in your comments and have addressed with my Maintenance and Housekeeping Manager.We are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in our company by solving this problem and preventing it from happening again.

Please contact me directly by email genmgr@chateaureginahotel.com or by phone 306-551-1389
whenever you plan your next visit to Regina.

Abdul Sami

Been to Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!