“Won't Be a Repeat Customer...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Victoria Avenue East, Regina, Saskatchewan S4N 7A9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 27 hotels in Regina
Valdez, Alaska
“Won't Be a Repeat Customer...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here last month. The room was "acceptable' but nothing special. The bathroom was outdated and needed remodeling. I left my computer adapter cord in the room and the front desk noted it was found but would not allow my mother to make arrangements to have it shipped it home with our paying (our phone wouldn't work in Canada). Decided to just buy a new adapter as their procedure to get it back was cumbersome and wasn't sure if it would really happen. Hotel could use update. Restaurant attached served almost exclusively fried foods. Made it through one night but there have to be better places to stay in Regina.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bev1110, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. When personal items are left behind in rooms, our housekeeping staff are diligent to log and secure them in our Lost & Found. We will happily return your items but do ask that the guest initiate the shipment through a courier of their choice. This is to ensure it safely and securely arrives back to you! We would hate to be responsible for belongings that could get lost in the mail. We are happy to offer options at our hotel with Smitty's restaurant and Zahir's lounge. You can enjoy a tasty, deep-fried appetizer, proper Sunday supper or a glass of wine. We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to meet your expectations! Sincerely, Bev Herperger General Manager

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Travelling from my home city of Nanaimo B.C I have stayed at several hotels in SK,MB,AB Very surprissed at some of the reveiws i have read on trip advisor and wonder if they are talking about the same hotel SOME MIX UP THERE .The staff at the front desk wether you are checking in at 2pm or 4 am have always been freindly and proffessional ,the rooms have always been clean and well appointed .I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling JANETTE LOMSDALEN,NANAIMO B.C

Room Tip: Some of us still smoke, at least this hotels caters to all travellers and for those of us that are n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Langenburg, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

we've stayed there twicw this year and planning to go to Regina a few times more before the end of the year, and the Hotel that we'll choose is definetly will be The Chateau Regina. The rooms are fabulos and the service impeccable. I will definetly suggest to my friends to stay here. Hats off to the employees and Shyla Maier who's the sales manager. Thank you for the wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious and the beds are so comfortable. just awsome.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dryden, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for the first time and we will stay here again. We liked the room, it had a 46"HDtv, nice beds and the room was clean. I stayed here with my kids and the spend some time in the pool. The front desk was really friendly and helpfull.The bathroom could have some remodeling but was clean and that's important.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Good afternoon and thank you for your positive comments! We're always striving to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Did you know we also offer a family suite? Please ask for it the next time you stay with us, the kids will love it! Yours Sincerely, Bev Herperger General Manager
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had choose this hotel based on a previous review. I now very much disagree with that review.
We drove up to this hotel, expecting a good quality, classy hotel, based on the name. We found it to be motel like, and very trashy. I was hoping that my opinion would change once we went inside. I was again, disappointed.
Once we went into our room, one of the best suites the hotel has to offer, we were again disappointed. It was a spa luxury suite, but there was little luxury to be had there. The jetted tub was dirty, and the faucet was not stable (When I attempted to turn it on, the whole faucet and spout moved!!!). The TV was small, and the one in the bedroom was even smaller! The TV in the bedroom was a old tv, minimum 20 years, it also would not get all of the channels that we were able to get in the living space. The fan in the bathroom vibrated the bed in the bedroom, and the sink was very slow to drain in the bathroom. The shower head was very low, my 6 foot boyfriend had to bend down for it to get the top of his head, and the shower pressure was very weak!
We had a wonderful view of a full dumpster, that was full of mattresses and car parts.
When I had my curling iron contected to the plug in the bathroom, with no other devices connected to the power, it tripped a breaker and all the power in the bedroom and bathroom went out. We did contact the front desk to fix the issue, they told us it was normal for the hotel and seemed to treat this as a non issue. We were told it happens all the time.
When we did address these issues to management they were only willing to give us a $40.00 discount, on one night. The hotel was $245.00 per night!!!! I feel that at that rate, I should be in a comparable room to other hotels, and this was no where near comparable!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Rooms are shabby. The linens on the beds are grey and past their prime. One sheet had blood stain on it. The knob for the shower was broken. Waited 5 minutes for lukewarm water. Pillows were lumpy. The rugs in the halls had huge stains and were dirty. Our room was not made up when we got back to the hotel at 6:00. Were offered a suite but that ment packing up all our stuff and trying to get comfortable in a new bed and sharing instead of each having our own bed. We changed our own sheet. Later in the evening, we had someone trying to get into our room with a pass key because the front desk had changed our room number to the suite after we had already told them we were not moving. They had already rented out the room. Got a discount of $26.00. If they were really concerned they would have made more effort to make things right. They don't care if their customers are satisfied. They rent by the day, week or month so they have alot of construction guys staying there so they don't care about those who are there for the weekend. Do yourselves a favour and do not stay here. Go somewhere that you can enjoy and relax.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Swift Current, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked this through hotwire - thank goodness we got it at a cheaper price because I can't imagine paying full price for this place.

First, after I booked on hotwire, I called the hotel to make sure we had a room with 2 queen sized beds. The guy on the phone said it was booked for one queen but that he would change this to 2. Then when we showed up, they said they only had a room with 2 double beds for the first night but we could change rooms the next day. So my husband went to the front desk in the morning and asked to switch...they were all shifty about it at first - then they said they wouldn't know if they had any rooms until 3:00 so we'd have to check back then. At about 2:00 the front desk called and said "so you want to switch rooms?" I explained that we had asked for 2 queens in the room. The lady said "well this hotel only has doubles in the rooms with 2 beds. If you want a queen bed, you have to be in a room with only 1 bed." How did no other employees know this the night before or that morning??

Now for the rest - the room was not clean. We actually had to wipe down the sink, toilet, and tub before they were usable. In all the hotels we've stayed in, we've never had to do this before. The blankets had big rips in them. The fridge had a big gob of something that had been spilled in it and never cleaned up. Outside the side door of the building, the ground was littered with garbage and cigarette butts. This door was also unlocked all day which was kind of creepy considering some of the clientele we saw around there. The pool was NOT heated - our daughter refused to even go in it past her feet and she LOVES swimming. You could hear ANYTHING from the hallway or other rooms. We heard the alarm clock from the neighbouring room at 5am, and people talking loudly in the hallway constantly.

When we checked out, I asked for a copy of the receipt. The guy said that because we booked through hotwire that he couldn't give me a receipt. I told him that my husband had signed something when he checked in so we would like a copy of that. He told me that's not a receipt, it's just for their registry. I said that's fine, I'd still like a copy of that. He said "well it's just something he signed saying if you smoke in the room you'll get charged $200." I said "that's still fine, we'd just like a copy of what he signed." He finally went and copied it and handed it to me without saying another word. What the heck is the big deal of giving us a copy of something that we signed? We have every right to have it. And this paper did have the price of the room on it, so it was more than just saying you couldn't smoke.

Please take my advice and never stay here! Poor service, not clean - nothing redeeming about this property!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!